« PreviousContinue »
21. And having an HIGH PRIEST Over the House of God: 22. Let us draw near with a true Heart, in full Affurance of FAITH, having our Hearts fprinkled from an evil Confcience, and our Bodies wathed with pure Water.
23. Let us HOLD FAST the Profellion of our FAITH without wavering (for he is FAITHFUL that promited)
1 John iii. 23. And this is his COMMANDMENT, that we should believe on the Name of his son Jesus Christ, and LOVE one another, as he gave us Commandment.
Chap. v. 5. Who is he that overcometh the World, but he that believeth that Jefus is the Son of GOD.
CHRIST Comforteth his Difciples with the Hope of Heaven, profeffetb bimfelf the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and One with the Father.
Ver. 2. IN. (b) my Father's
3. And if I go and prepare a Place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto my felf; that where I am, there ye may be alfo.
4. And whither I go ye know, and the Way ye know.
5. Thomas faith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goeft, and how can we know the Way?
6. Fefus faith unto him, I am the WAY, and the TRUTH, and the LIFE: no Man cometh unto the Father but by me.
7. If ye had known me, ye fhould have known my Father alfo and from henceforth ye know him, and have feen him.
8. Philip faith unto him,
II. BELIEVE me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or elfe believe me for the very Works fake. 12. Verily, verily I fay unto you, He that believeth on me, the Works that I do fhall he do alfo, and greater Works than thefe fhall he do ; caufe I go unto my Father.
46. And these fhall go away into everlasting PUNISHMENT," but the Righteous into LIFE Eternal.
Luke xxii. 29. And I APPOINT
unto you a KINGDOM, as my Fa
ther hath appointed unto me.
30. That ye may eat and drink at my Table, and fit on THRONES, judging the twelve Tribes of Ifrael.
Rom. viii. 18. For I reckon that the SUFFERINGS of this prefent LIFE, are not worthy to be compared with the GLORY which shall
be revealed in us.
2 Cor. iv. 17. For our light ArFLICTION, which is but for a Moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal Weight of GLORY;
18. While we LOOK not at the Things which are feen, but at the Things which are not feen: for the Things which are feen, are temporal; but the Things which are not feen, are eternal.
Chap. v. 1. For we know, that if our earthly Houfe of this Tabernacle were diffolved, we have a BUILDING of GOD, an House not made with Hands, eternal in the Heavens.
2. For in this we GROAN, earnestly defiring to be cloathed upon with our HOUSE, which is from Heaven:
3. If fo be that being CLOATHED, we shall not be found NAKED. 4. For we that are in this Tabernacle do GROAN, being burdened: not for that we would be UNCLOATHED, but cloathed upon, that MORTALITY might be swallowed up of LIFE.
Heb. xi. 16. But now they defire a better Country, that is, an heavenly: Wherefore God is not afhamed to be called their God, for he hath prepared for them a City.
Chap., xii 22. But ye are come unto MOUNT SION, and unto the City of the LIVING GOD, the heavenly Ferufalem, and to an INNUMERABLE COMPANY of Angels,
23. To the general ASSEMBLY and CHURCH of the FIRST-BORN, which are written in Heaven, and to GOD the JUDGE OF ALL, and to the SPIRITS of JUST MEN made perfect.
See pag. 1. Of the Divinity of OUR SAVIOUR.
24. And to Jefus, the Mediator of the NEW COVENANT, and to the BLOOD of Sprinkling, which fpeaketh better Things than that of Abel. Rev. ii. 20. Behold, I ftand at the Door, and knock: if any Man hear my Voice, and open the Door, I will come in to him, and will fup with him, and he with me.
21. To him that overcometh will I grant to SIT with me in my Throne, even as I also overcame, and am SFT DOWN with my Father in his Throne.
CHRIST affureth their Prayers in his Name to be effectual.
Ver. 13. AND * whatsoever ye fhall ASK in my Name,
14. If ye fhall ASK any thing in my Name, I will do it. 15. If ye love me, keep my COMMANDMENTS.
CHRIST promifeth the Holy Ghoft, the Comforter.
Ver. 16. AND I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another † COMFORTER, that he may ABIDE with you for ever;
17. Even the SPIRIT of TRUTH, whom the World cannot receive, because it feeth him not, neither knoweth him but ye know him, for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18. I will not leave you COMFORTLESS you.
19. Yet a little while, and the World feeth me no more: but ye fee me: because I LIVE, ye fhall LIVE alfo.
20. At that Day ye fhall know that I am in my FA
THER, and you in ME, and I in you.
21. He (c) that HATH my COMMANDMENTS, and keep
I will come to
(c) Exod. xix. 5. Now therefore, deed, and keep my COVENANT, if ye will OBEY my VOICE inthen fhall ye be a peculiar Treafure
See pag. Ixiii. Of the Efficacy of PRAYER, in the APOLOGY to the Harmony of the PS ALMS.
+ See Ats ii. The Defcent of the HOLY GHOST, and the Reference thereto.
eth them, he it is that LovETH me: and he that LOVZTH me, fhall be LOVED of my Father, and I will love him, and will MANIFEST my felf to him.
22. Judas faith unto him, not Icariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt MANIFEST thy felf unto us, and not unto the WORLD?
23. Fefus answered faid unto him, If a Man LOVE me, he will keep my Words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our ABODE with him.
24. He that loveth me not, keepeth not my SAYINGS: and the WORD which you hear, is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
25. Thefe Things have I fpoken unto you, being yet prefent with you.
26. But the COMFORTER, which is the HOLY GHOST, whom the Father will fend in my Name, he fhall teach you all Things, and bring all Things to your REMEMBRANCE, whatfoever I have SAID unto you.
unto me above all People: for all
the Earth is mine.
11. But my People would not hearken to my Voice, and Israel would none of me.
13. O that my People had hearkned unto me, and Ifrael had walked in my WAYS.
Pf. cxix. 4. Thou haft commanded us to keep thy Precepts diligently. 167. My Soul hath kept thy Teftimonies, and I love them exceedingly. Fer. vii. 23. But this Thing commanded I them, faying, OBEY my VOICE, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my People: and walk ye in all the WAYS that I have commanded you, that it may be well with you.
Chap. xi. 3. Curfed be the Man that OBEYETH not the Words of this COVENANT,
4. Which I commanded your Fathers, faying, OBLY my VOICE, and Do them, according to all which I commanded you: fo fhall ye be my People, and I will be your God.
Luke vi. 46. And why call ye me LORD, LORD, and Do not the Things which I fay?
Chap. xi. 28. Bleffed are they that hear the WORD of God, and keep it. John vii. 17. If any Man will do his WILL, he fhall KNOW of the DOCTRINE, whether it be of God, or whether I fpeak of my felf.
1 Cor. Vil 19. Circumcifion is nothing, and Uncircumeilion is nothing, but the KEEPING of the COMMANDMENTS of God.
Heb. v. 9. And being made perfect, he became the Author of eternal SALVATION unto ALL them that OBEY him.
James i. 21. Wherefore lay apart all Filthinefs, and fuperfluity of Naughtiness, and receive with Meekness the ingrafted WORD, which is able to SAVE your SOULS.
22. But be ye DOERS of the Word, and not HEARERS ONLY, deceiving your own felves.
23. For if any be a Hearer of the Word, and not a Doer, he is like unto a Man beholding his natural Face in a Glafs:
24. For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of Man he was.
25. But whofo looketh into the perfect Law of LIBERTY, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful Hearer, but a Doer of the WORD, this Man fhall be bleffed in his Deed.
1 John ii. 3. And hereby do we know that we know him, if we keep his COMMANDMENTS.
4. He that faith, I know him, and keepeth not his COMMANDMENTS, is a Lyar, and the Truth is not in him.
5. But, whofo keepeth his Word, in him verily is the Love of GoD perfected hereby know we that we are in him.
Chap. iii. 18. LOVE not in Word, neither in Tongue, but in Deed and in Truth.
22. And whatfoever we ASK, we receive of him, because we keep his COMMANDMENTS, and do thofe Things that are pleafing in his Sight,
23. And this is his Commandment, that we should RELIEVE on the Name of his Son Jefus Chrift, and LOVE one another, as he gave us Commandment.
24. And he that keepeth his Commandments, dwelleth in him, and he in him.
Chap. v. 2. By this we know that we LOVE the Children of God, when we love God, and keep his Conimandments:
3. For this is the Love of GOD, that we keep his Commandments: and his Commandments are not grievous.
2 John 6. And this is Love, that we wALK after his Commandments. This is the Commandment, that as ye have heard from the Beginning, ye_fhould walk in it.
Rev. xxii. 14. BLESSED are they that Do his Commandments, that they may have right to the Tree of LIFE, and may enter in through the Gates into the City.
CHRIST leaveth his Peace with them.
Μ' lxxxv. 10.
ERCY and TRUTH RIGHTEOUSNESS and PEACE have are met together, kiffed each other.
Ifai. xxvi. 3. Thou wilt keep him in perfect PEACE, whofe Mind
Ver. 27.PEACE I leave with you, my PEACE I give unto you: not as the World giveth, give