« PreviousContinue »
PSALM cxlii. 1. I CRIED unto the Lord with my voice : yea, even unto the Lord did I make my supplication.
2. I poured out my complaints before him : and shewed him of my trouble.
3. When my spirit was in heaviness thou knewest my path : in the way wherein I walked have they privily laid a snare for me.
4. I looked also upon my right hand : and saw there was no man that would know me.
5. I had no place to flee unto : and no man cared for my
soul. 6. I cried unto thee, O LORD, and said : Thou art my hope, and my portion in the land of the living.
7. Consider my complaint : for I am brought very low.
9. Bring my soul out of prison : that I may give thanks unto thy Name.
Ps. lxxvii. When I am in heaviness, I will think upon God : when my heart is vexed, I will complain.
6. I call to remembrance my song : and in the night I commune with mine own heart, and search out my spirits.
7. Will the LORD absent himself for ever : and will he be no more intreated ?
11. I will remember the works of the LORD : and call to mind thy wonders of old time.
12. I will think also of all thy works : and my talking shall be of thy doings.
13. Thy way, O God, is holy : who is so great a God as our God?
[CROFT, GREENE, BOYCE, Dupuis, BECKWITH.
and he heard me out of his holy hill.
5. I laid me down and slept, and rose up again : for the LORD sustained me.
ROMANS viii. 31. Ir God be for us, who can be against us?
33. Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who maketh intercession for us.
Rev. v. 12. Worthy is the Lamb that was slain, and hath redeemed us to God by his blood, to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
13. Blessing and honour, glory and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb, for ever and ever. Amen.
[Prts and others from HANDEL.
PSALM cxxiv. 1. If the Lord himself had not been on our side, now may
Israel if the LORD himself had not been on our side, when men rose up against us ;
2. They had swallowed us up quick : when they were so wrathfully displeased at us.
3. Yea, the waters had drowned us : and the stream had gone over our soul.
4. The deep waters of the proud : had gone even over our soul.
5. But praised be the LORD : who hath not given us over for a prey unto their teeth.
6. Our soul is escaped even as a bird out of the snare of the fowler : the snare is broken, and we are delivered.
Luke i. 69. The Lord hath wrought a mighty salvation for us.
1 Cor. xv. 55. Thanks be to God, who hath given us the victory.
Ps. xliv. 3. We got not this by our own sword, neither was it our own arm that saved us,
4. But thy right hand, and thine arm, and the light of thy countenance, because thou hadst a favour unto us.
cxl. 7. The Lord hath appeared for us; the Lord hath covered our heads, and made us to stand in the day of battle.
Exod. xv. 7. The Lord hath appeared for us; the LORD hath overthrown our enemies, and dashed in pieces those that rose up against us.
Ps. cxv. 1. Therefore not unto us, O Lord, not unto us, but unto thy Name be given the glory.
xcii. 4. Thou, LORD, hast made us glad through thy works, and we will rejoice in giving praise for the operation of thy hands.
1 Chron. xxix. 13. O God, we thank thee, and praise thy glorious Name. Hallelujah. Amen.
[Child, TRAVERS, Dupuis, Pring.
1 THESSALONIANS iv. 14. If we believe that Jesus died, and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15. For this we say unto you by the word of the LORD, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16. For the LORD himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in CHRIST shall rise first:
17. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the LORD.
18. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
REV. vii. 17. And the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them into a living fountain of water: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.
MATT. xxi. 9. Hosanna to the son of David : Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the LORD; Hosannah in the highest. [BOYCE, LADY BAGOT.
PSALM xvi. 9. I HAVE set God always before me : for he is on my right hand, therefore I shall not fall.
10. Wherefore my heart was glad, and my glory rejoiced : my flesh also shall rest in hope.
11. For why? thou shalt not leave my soul in hell: neither shalt thou suffer thy Holy One to see corruption.
12. Thou shalt shew me the path of life; in thy presence is the fulness of joy : and at thy right hand there is pleasure for evermore.
[GOLDWIN, BLAKE, W. HAYES, BOYCE.
1 KINGS viii. 13. I HAVE surely built thee an house to dwell in, a settled place for thee to abide in for ever.
27. But will God indeed dwell on the earth? behold, the heaven, and heaven of heavens cannot con
tain thee, how much less this house that I have builded ?
28. Yet have thou respect unto the prayer of thy servant, O LORD my God:
29. That thine eyes may be open toward this house, night and day, even toward the place of which thou hast said, My Name shall be there.
30. And hearken thou to the supplication of thy servant, and of thy people Israel, when they shall pray towards this place: and hear thou in heaven thy dwelling-place, and when thou hearest, forgive.
37. If there be in the land famine, if there be pestilence, whatsoever plague, whatsoever sickness there be ;
38. What prayer and supplication soever be made by any man, or by all thy people Israel, which shall know every man the plague of his own heart, and spread forth his hands towards this house:
39. Then hear thou 'in heaven thy dwelling-place, hear, and forgive. ix. 3. And
the LORD said to Solomon, I have heard thy prayer: I have hallowed this house which thou hast built, to put my name there for ever, and mine eyes, and mine heart shall be there perpetually. Amen. Hallelujah.
Јов хіх. 25. I know that my Redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth.
26. And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God.
1 Cor. xv. 20. For now is CHRIST risen from the dead, and become the first-fruits of them that slept.
21. Since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22. For as in Adam all die, even so in CHRIST shall all be made alive.
Rev, xix. 6. Hallelujah; for the LORD God Omnipotent reigneth.