« PreviousContinue »
receiveth not my Words, hath one that judgeth him. The Word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last Day.
See that ye refuse not him that fpeaketh; for if they escaped not who refused him that spake on Earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from Heaven. o Believe in the Lord your God, fo shall ye
be established; believe his Prophets, fo shall
ye profper ; believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and ye shall be saved. For according to your Faith, so will it be unto you.
P Christ was manifest in these last Times for us, who by him do believe in God, that raised hiin up from the Dead, in whom, though now we see him not, yet believing wë rejoice with Joy unspeakable.
9 Faith is the substance of Things hoped for, the Evidence of Things not seen. So then we walk by Faith, and not by Sight, while we look not at the Things which are seen, but at the Things which are not seen. For the Things which are seen are temporal : but the Things which are not seen are eternal.
* We have respect unto the Recompence of the Reward; being fully perfuaded that what God hath promised, he is able also to perform.
• We have not yet received the Promises, but having seen them afar off, we are persuaded of them, and embrace them, and confess that we are Strangers and Pilgrims on the Earth; and we seek and desire a better Country, that is, a heavenly; and we look for a City which hath Foundations, whose Builder and Maker is God. 1. Except ye fee Signs and Wonders, ye will not believe ; but blessed are they that have not feen, and yet have believed.
n Heb. 12. 25.
0 2 Chron. 20. 20. John 12. 48.
Acts 16. 31. John 3. 15.
Mat. g. 29
p 1 Pet. 1. 20, 21, 8. Heb. 11. 1. 2 Cor. 5. 7.
2 Cor. 4. 18. Heb. 11. 26. Rom. 4. 21. Hebi 11. 13•
u Faith cometh by Hearing, and Hearing by the Word of God; but the Word preached doth not profit, if it be not mixed with Faith in them that hear it.
w Thou believest that there is one God; thou dost well: The Devils also believe and tremble. But know, O vain Man, that as the Body without the Spirit is dead, fo Faith without Works is dead allo.
* A Man is justified by Faith in Chrift; but Faith which worketh by Love ; for by Works Faith is inade perfect. And they only fall be esteemed Saints that 'keep the Commandments of God, and the Faith of Jesus.
y Add therefore to your Faith Virtue ; for if while we seek to be justified by Christ, we are found Sinners, our Faith cannot save us.
? Lord we believe, help thou our Unbelief; and increase our Faith; that we may be in the Number of them that believe, to the saving of the Soul.
Heb. II. 13, 14, 16, 19. t John 4. 48. John 29, 29. u Rom. 10. 17: Heb. 4. 2.
w James 2. 19, 20, 26., * Rom. 3. 28. Gal. 5. 6. James 2n 22. Rei. 14. 12... 2 Pet, 1. 6. Gal. 2. 17. James 2. 14.
I Mark 9. 24• Luke 17. 5. Heb. 10. 39.
a With the Heart Man believeth unto Righteousness, and with the Mouth Con- Profeffione fession is made unto Salvation.
Be not ashamed of the Testimony of our Lord. Whosoever fhall confess me before Men, (Jaith our Lord and Saviour Jesus Chrift) him will I confess also before my Father which is in Heaven : But whosoever hall deny me before Men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in Heaven: And whosoever fhall be ashamed of ine, and of my Words, in this finful Generation; of him also shall the Son of Man be ashamed, when he cometh in the Glory of his Father, with the holy Angels.
• If we deny him, his Naine, or his Faith, he also will deny us.
d Many Deceivers are entered into the World, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the Fleth. There are likewise certain ungodly Men, who turn the Grace of God into Lasciviousness, and deny the only Lord God, and our Lord Jefus Christ.
Every Spirit that confeffeth not that Jesus Christ is come in the Flesh, is not of God.
f Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father ; and he shall not see Life; but the Wrath of God abideth on him.
his They that profess that they know God, but in Works deny him, are abominable.
a Rom. 10. 10.
b. 2 Tim. J. 8. Mark 8. 38.
C 2 Tim. 2. !2. Rev. d
2 John 7. Jude 4. ei John 4. 3• Jobn 3. 36. & Titus 1. 16.
Mat. to. 329.33• 3. 8.
Rev. 2. 13. fi John 2. 236
" Who is among you that feareth the
Lord? Let himn trust in the Naine of the Lord, and stay upon his God.
| Trust in the Lord with all thine Heart ; trust in him at all Times. In all thy Ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy Paths. Commit thy Works unto the Lord, and thy Thoughts shall be established. Commit thy Way unto him, trust also in him, and he shall bring it to pass.
k My Soul, wait thou only upon God, for my Expectation is from him. The Lord is my Por tion, saith my Soul, therefore will I hope in him. He is my strong Habitation, whereunto I may continually resort.
1 Wait on the Lord: be of good Courage, and he shall strengthen thine Heart, who is the Con. fidence of all the Ends of the Earth, and of them that are afar off upon the Sea.
Judgment is before him, therefore trust thou in him.
Caft thy Burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee,
• Be careful for nothing, casting all your Care upon God; for he careth for you.
p Take no Thought for your Life, saying, What shall we eat? or what shall we drink? or wherewithal shall we be clothed? For your Heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these Things.
os h Isa. 50. 10.
i Prov. 3. 5.
Psal. 62. 8.' Prov. 3.6 Prov. 16. 3.
k Pral. 62. 5. Lain3. 24. Pfal. 71. 3: 1 Pial. 27. 14.
m Job 35. 14 Pfal. 55. 226 Phil. 4.6.
P Mat. 6. 25. 31, 32.
Pfal. 37. 5.
Pfal. 65. 5.
Soul fainteth within me, I will remember the Lord; what Time I am afraid I will trust in him.
* The Lord is my Light and my Salvation ; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the Strength of my Life, of whom shall I be afraid ? In God I have put my Trust, I will not fear what Flesh can do unto ine.
• He also shall be my Salvation; though he slay me, yet will I trust in him. . God is our Refuge and Strength; therefore will we not fear, though the Earth be removed, and though the Mountains be carried into the Midst of the Sea.
u Therefore we both labour and fuffer Re. proach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all Men, especially of those that believe. And therefore we endure Amidion, as feeing him that is inviGble.
He whole Heart is fixed, trusting in the Lord, Ahall not be afraid of evil Tidings, but in Quietness and Confidence shall be his Strength. He hath set the Lord always before hion, and because the Lord is at his Right-hand, he shall not be moved.
* Be not moved away from the Hope of the Gospel which ye have heard; but be ye Followers of them who through Faith and Patience inherit the Promises. Behold the Husbandman waiteth for the precious Fruit of the Earth, and hath long
4 Jonah 2. 7.
Pfal. 56. 4. • Job 13. 16, 15.
i Pfal. 46. 1, 2. u i Tim. 4. 10, w Pfal. 112. 7.
Ifa. 30. 150 Heb. 11. 27, 25, 27.
Pral. 16.8. * Col. 1r 23. Heb. 6. 12. James 5. 7.