« PreviousContinue »
Psalm lxxi. 14. I WILL go forth in the strength of the LORD : and will make mention of thy righteousness only.
20. Unto thee upon the harp will I sing : 0 thou Holy One of Israel.
Psalm lxxvii. 1. I will cry unto God with my voice : even unto God will I cry with my voice, and he shall hearken unto me.
3. When I am in heaviness, I will think upon GOD : when my heart is vexed, I will complain.
5. I have considered the days of old : and the years that are past.
lxi. 1. Hear my crying, O God: give ear unto my prayer.
2. From the ends of the earth will I call upon thee.
li. 3. For I acknowledge my faults : and my sin is ever before me.
9. Turn thy face from my sins : and put out all
10. Make me a clean heart, O GOD : and renew a right spirit within me.
11. Cast me not away from thy presence : and take not thy holy Spirit from me.
12. O give me the comfort of thy help again.
1. 1. The LORD, even the most mighty God hath spoken.
15. Call upon me in the time of trouble : so I will hear thee, and thou shalt praise me.
xxvni. 7. Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplication.
8. The Lord is my strength and my shield : my heart trusted in him, and I am helped, and in my song will I praise him. [AYLWARD, DR. CAMIDGE.
PSALM cxvi. 12. I will receive the cup of salvation : and call upon the Name of the LORD.
4. O LORD, I beseech thee, deliver my soul.
6. The Lord preserveth the simple : when I was in misery he delivered me.
7. Turn again then unto thy rest, O my soul : for the LORD hath rewarded thee.
cxv. 17. The dead praise not thee, O LORD: neither all they that go down into silence.
18. But we will praise the LORD from this time forth for evermore.
MATTHEW V. 1. Jesus seeing the multitudes, went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him :
2. And he opened his mouth and taught them, saying,
3. Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Hallelujah.
4. Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. Hallelujah.
5. Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. Hallelujah.
6. Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness : for they shall be filled. Hallelujah.
7. Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. Hallelujah.
8. Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. Hallelujah.
9. Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. Hallelujah. 10. Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake : for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
12. Rejoice and be exceeding glad : for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. [J. S. SMITH.
Psalm lxviii. 1. LET God arise, and let his enemies be scattered : let them also that hate him flee before him.
2. Like as the smoke vanisheth, so shalt thou drive them away : and like as wax melteth at the fire, so let the ungodly perish at the presence of God.
3. But let the righteous be glad and rejoice before God : let them also be merry and joyful.
4. Sing unto God, and sing praises unto his Name: praise him in his Name JAĦ, and rejoice before him.
5. He is a father of the fatherless.
7. O God, when thou wentest forth before the people : when thou wentest through the wilderness,
8. The earth shook, and the heavens dropped at the presence
of God: even as Sinai also was moved at the presence of God, who is the God of Israel.
9. Thou, O God, sentest a gracious rain upon thine inheritance : and refreshedst it when it was weary.
20. Sing praises unto him who is the God of our salvation.
32. Sing unto God, 0 ye kingdoms of the earth : O sing praises unto the LORD.
35. Blessed be God.
cxxxii. 8. Arise, O LORD, into thy restingplace : thou, and the ark of thy strength. Hallelujah. Amen. (GREENE, HANDEL, BECKWITH jun., COMER,
PSALM cxix. 169. LEt my complaint come before thee, O LORD: give me understanding according to thy word.
170. Let my supplication come before thee : deliver me according to thy word.
171. My lips shall speak of thy praise : when thou hast taught me thy statutes.
172. Yea, my tongue shall speak of thy word : for all thy commandments are righteous.
173. Let thine hand help me : for I have chosen thy commandments.
174. I have longed for thy saving health, O LORD : and in thy law is my delight.
175. O let my soul live, and it shall praise thee : and thy judgments shall help me.
(MORLEY, BATTEN, CROFT, GREENE, BOYCE.
PSALM Xcvi. 11. Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad before the LORD: for he cometh, and he will redeem Israel from all his iniquity.
lxxii. 7. In his days shall the righteous flourish; and abundance of peace so long as the moon endureth.
viii. 11. He shall have dominion from sea to sea, and from the river unto the ends of the earth; all kings shall fall down before Him.
Matt. xxi. 9. Hosanna to the son of David : Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the LORD ; Hosanna in the highest. Hallelujah. Amen.
Psalm xix. 14. Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be alway acceptable in thy sight, 15. O LORD, my strength, and my Redeemer.
Psalm ii. 3. Let us break their bonds asunder, and cast away their cords from us.
Psalm lxxxix. 14. Let thy hand be strengthened, and thy right hand be exalted.
15. Let justice and judgment be the habitation of thy seat : let mercy and truth go before thy face. Hallelujah. Amen.
presence of God?
Psalm xlii. 1. Like as the hart desireth the water-brooks : so longeth my soul after thee, O God.
2. My soul is athirst for God, yea, even for the living God: when shall I come to appear before the
3. My tears have been my meat day and night : while they daily say unto me, Where is now thy God?
4. Now when I think thereupon, I pour out my heart by myself : for I went with the multitude, and brought them forth into the house of God;
5. In the voice of praise and thanksgiving : among such as keep holy-day.
6. Why art thou so full of heaviness, O my soul : and why art thou so disquieted within me?
7. O put thy trust in God : for I will yet give him thanks for the help of his countenance.
8. My God, my soul is vexed within me : therefore will I remember thee.
11. I will say unto the God of my strength : Why hast thou forgotten me?
xliii. 2. For thou art the God of my strength; why hast thou put me from thee : and why go I so heavily, while the enemy oppresseth me?
3. O send out thy light and thy truth, that they may lead me : and bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy dwelling.