« PreviousContinue »
Job xxx. 25. I did weep for him that was in trouble :
xxix. 13. The blessing of him that was ready to perish came upon me : and I caused the widow's heart to sing for joy.
Matt. xxvi. 46. The righteous shall go into life eternal.
Glory be to the Father, &c.
PSALM XXX. 1. I WILL magnify thee, O LORD, for thou hast set me up : and not made my foes to triumph over me.
2. O LORD my God, I cried unto thee : and thou hast healed me.
3. Thou, LORD, hast brought my soul out of hell : thou hast kept my life from them that go down to
4. Sing praises unto the LORD, O ye saints of his : and give thanks unto him for a remembrance of his holiness.
5. For his wrath endureth but the twinkling of an eye, and in his pleasure is life : heaviness may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
7. Thou didst turn thy face from me : and I was troubled.
8. Then cried I unto thee, O LORD : and gat me to my LORD right humbly.
9. What profit is there in my blood : when I go down to the pit ?
10. Shall the dust give thanks unto thee : or shall it declare thy truth?
11. Hear, O LORD, and have mercy upon me : LORD, be thou my helper.
12. Thou hast turned my heaviness into joy : thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with glad
13. Therefore shall every good man sing of thy praise without ceasing : O my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.
xcvi. 2. Sing unto the LORD, and praise his Name : be telling of his salvation from day to day.
Glory be to the Father, &c.
[HAWKINS, NARES, BATTISHILL, ALCOCK,
8. I WILL seek unto God, and commit my cause unto him :
9. For he doeth great and wondrous things.
10. He giveth rain upon the earth, and sendeth waters upon the fields.
11. He setteth up the lowly on high; and exalteth them that mourn.
13. He taketh the wise in their own craftiness : and carries headlong the counsel of the froward.
14. They meet with darkness, and grope in the noon-day as in the night.
15. But he saveth the poor from the sword, and from the hand of the mighty.
17. Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: 18. For he maketh sore, and bindeth
he woundeth, and maketh whole.
PSALM civ. 33. I WILL sing unto the LORD as long as I live : ( will praise my God while I have my being.
34. And so shall my words please him : my joy shall be in the LORD.
35. As for sinners, they shall be consumed out of the earth, and the ungodly shall come to an end : but praise thou the Lord, O my soul, praise the LORD.
Glory be to the Father, &c.
[PURCELL, GOLDWIN, CROFT, PRING.
Exodus xv. 1. I will sing unto the Lord, for he hath triumphed gloriously.
2. The Lord is my strength and my song, and he is become my salvation.
Ps. xxvii. '1. The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom then shall I fear : the LORD is the strength of my life, of whom then shall I be afraid?
10. Hide not thou thy face from me : nor cast thy servant away in displeasure.
xxx. 11. Hear my voice, O LORD, have mercy upon me.
12. Thou hast turned my heaviness into joy : thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness. Hallelujah. Amen.
JUDITH xvi. 13. I will sing unto the LORD a new song : 0 LORD: thou art great and glorious, wonderful in strength, and invincible.
14. Let all creatures serve thee: for thou spakest, and they were made, thou didst send forth thy Spirit, and it created them, and there is none that can resist thy voice.
15. For the mountains shall be moved from their foundations with the waters, the rocks shall melt as wax at thy presence: yet thou art merciful to them that fear thee.
Ps. li. 8. Thou shalt make me hear of joy and gladness : that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice. Ixxii. 18. Blessed be the LORD God of Israel.
19. And blessed be the name of his Majesty for ever and ever. Hallelujah. Amen. [AYRTON.
PSALM xiii. 6. I will sing of the LORD, because he hath dealt so lovingly with me : yea, I will praise the Name of the Lord most Highest. (JER. CLARKE, DUPUIS, EBDON.
Psalm lix. 16. I will sing of thy power, O God, and will praise thy mercy betimes in the morning : for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble.
17. Únto thee, O my strength, will I sing : for thou, O God, art my refuge, and my merciful Ğod.
lx. 12. Through God will we do great acts : for it is he that shall tread down our enemies. [GREENE.
PSALM ix. 1. I will give thanks unto thee, O LORD, with my whole heart : I will speak of all thy marvellous works.
2. I will be glad and rejoice in thee : yea, my songs will I make of thy Name, O thou most Highest.
3. While mine enemies are driven back : they shall fall and perish at thy presence.
4. For thou hast maintained my right and my cause : thou art set in the throne that judgest right.
5. Thou hast rebuked the heathen, and destroyed the ungodly : thou hast put out their name for ever and ever.
7. The LORD shall endure for ever.
10. They that know thy Name shall put their trust in thee : thou, LORD, hast never failed them that seek thee.
11. O praise the LORD which dwelleth in Zion : shew the people of his doings.
c. 4. For the Lord is gracious, his mercy is everlasting : his truth endureth from generation to generation.
cxviii. 25. Help me now, O LORD : 0 LORD, send us now, prosperity.
lxxxiv. 9. Behold, O God, our defender, and look upon the face of thine anointed.
cxvi. 5. Gracious is the LORD, and righteous : yea, our God is merciful.
7. Turn again then unto thy rest, O my soul : for the LORD hath rewarded thee.
16. I will pay my vows unto the Lord, in the sight of all his people : in the courts of the Lord's house, even in the midst of thee, O Jerusalem. Praise the LORD.
clxv. 15. The eyes of all wait upon thee, O LORD : and thou givest them their meat in due season.
16. Thou openest thine hand : and fillest all things living with plenteousness. Hallelujah. Amen.
[CROFT, FINCH from STEFFANI, GATES, PEPUSCH,
Davy, BRIDGWATER, SIR J. Rogers.
PSALM cxxxviii. 1. I will give thanks unto thee, O LORD, with my whole heart : even before the gods will I sing praises unto thee.
2. I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy Name, because of thy loving-kindness and truth : for thou hast magnified thy Name and thy word above all things.
3. When I called upon thee, thou heardest me : and enduedst my soul with much strength.
4. All the kings of the earth shall praise thee, O LORD : for they have heard the words of thy mouth.
5. Yea, they shall sing in the ways of the LORD : that great is the glory of the LORD.
6. For though the Lord be high, yet hath he respect unto the lowly : as for the proud, he beholdeth them afar off.
7. Though I walk in the midst of trouble, yet shalt thou refresh me : thou shalt stretch forth thy hand upon the furiousness of mine enemies, and thy right hand shall save me.