« PreviousContinue »
8. Thou shalt make me hear of joy and gladness : that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
9. Turn thou thy face from my sins : and put out all my misdeeds.
10. Make me a clean heart, O God : and renew a right spirit within me.
11. Cast me not away from thy presence : and take not thy holy Spirit from me.
12. O give me the comfort of thy help again : and stablish me with thy free Spirit.
13. Then shall I teach thy ways unto the wicked : and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
14. O God, thou that art the God of my health : my tongue shall sing of thy righteousness.
15. Thou shalt open my lips, O LORD : and my mouth shall shew thy praise.
17. The sacrifice of God is a troubled spirit : a broken and contrite heart, O God, shalt thou not despise.
19. Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifice of righteousness : with the burnt offerings and oblations.
lxxx. 3. Turn us again, O God : shew the light of thy countenance, and we shall be whole. Hallelujah. Amen.
[HUMPHRIES, WELDON, GREENE, HANDEL, BOND,
NARES, ARNOLD, J. S. Smith, Goss.
Psalm vi. 2. Have mercy upon me, O LORD, for I am weak : O Lord, heal me, for my bones are vexed. .
3. My soul also is sore troubled : but, LORD, how long wilt thou punish me?
4. Turn thee, O LORD, and deliver my soul : 0 save me, for thy mercies' sake. Amen.
PSALM xxxi. 10. Have mercy upon me, O LORD, for I am in trouble : and mine eye is consumed for very heaviness ; yea, my soul and my body.
16. But my hope hath been in thee, LORD : I have said, Thou art my God.
REVELATION vii. 12. HALLELUJAH. Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the LORD our God: for true and righteous are his judgments. Hallelujah, &c.
He is our God, and he is our praise : he hath done for us great and terrible things.
Tell it out among the heathen that the LORD is King : he shall have all his enemies in derision.
Great is our God, and great is his power : great is his mercy
towards them that fear him. Praise him, all ye his servants : praise him, both small and great.
Trust ye in the LORD for ever : the LORD JEHOVAH is our rock for evermore. Hallelujah. CARNOLD.
HALLELUJAH to the Father, and the Son of God. Praise the LORD, ye everlasting choir, in holy songs
Worlds unborn shall sing his glory; the exalted Son of God. Praise the Lord in holy songs of joy.
LUKE ii. 14. HALLELUJAH. Glory to God in the highest, and peace on earth, good will toward men.
MATT. xxi. 9. Hosanna to the Son of David : blessed is he that cometh in the Name of the LORD : behold thy King cometh unto thee.
Zech. ix. Rejoice greatly, 0 daughter of Zion ; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem :
Is. ix. 6. For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given, and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, the Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Hallelujah. Amen. [J. CORFE from JOMELLI.
PSALM lxi. 1. Hear my crying, O God : give ear unto my prayer.
2. From the ends of the earth will I call upon thee : when my heart is in heaviness.
3. O set me up upon the rock that is higher than I: for thou hast been my hope, and a strong tower for me against the enemy.
4. I will dwell in thy tabernacle for ever : and my trust shall be under the covering of thy wings.
5. For thou, O LORD, hast heard my desires : and hast given an heritage unto those that fear thy Name.
6. Thou shalt grant the King a long life : that his years may endure throughout all generations. 7. He shall dwell before God for ever : 0
prepare thy loving mercy and faithfulness, that they may pre
8. So will I alway sing praise unto thy Name : that I may daily perform my vows.
1x. 11. O be thou our help in trouble : for vain is the help of man.
12. Through God will we do great acts : for it is he that shall tread down our enemies.
lxi. 8. So will I alway sing praise unto thy Name, O LORD, most highest.
lvii. 11. For thy mercy reacheth unto the heavens : and thy truth unto the clouds; the LORD our God is holy.
xcvi. 9. Let the whole earth stand in awe of him.
13. For he cometh to judge the world : and the people with his truth.
cxix. 73. Thy hands have made me and fashioned me : 0 give me understanding that I may learn thy commandments.
[CROFT, WELDON, GREENE, TRAVERS, BOYCE,
Mozart, Mason, J. S. Smith, MATTHEWS from HUMMEL.
Psalm cii. 1. Hear my prayer, 0 LORD : and let my crying come unto thee.
2. Hide not thy face from me in the time of my trouble : incline thine ear unto me when I call; O hear me, and that right soon.
11. For my days are gone like a shadow : and I am withered like
grass. 12. But thou, O LORD, shalt endure for ever : and thy remembrance throughout all generations.
28. The children of thy servants shall continue : and their seed shall stand fast in thy sight. Amen.
[CROFT, BECKWITH sen.
PSALM cxliii. 1. Hear my prayer, O LORD, and consider my desire : hearken unto me, for thy truth and righteousness' sake.
2. And enter not into judgment with thy servant : for in thy sight shall no man living be justified.
7. Hear me, O LORD, and that soon, for my spirit waxeth faint : hide not thy face from me, lest I be like unto them that go down into the pit.
8. O let me hear thy loving-kindness betimes in the morning, for in thee is my trust : shew thou me the way that I should walk in, for I lift up my soul unto thee.
9. Deliver me, O LORD, from mine enemies : for I flee unto thee to hide me.
10. Teach me to do the thing that pleaseth thee, for thou art my God : let thy loving Spirit lead me forth into the land of righteousness.
11. Quicken me, O LORD, for thy Name's sake : and for thy righteousness' sake bring my soul out of trouble.
Psalm cii. 1. HEAR my prayer, O LORD : and let my crying come unto thee.
xxxviii. 2. For thine arrows stick fast in me : and thy hand presseth me sore.
6. I am brought into so great trouble and misery : that I go mourning all the day long.
xlii. 6. Why art thou so full of heaviness, O my soul : and why art thou disquieted within me?
cxxx. 7. Put thy trust in God : for with the LORD there is mercy : and with him is plenteous redemption.
PSALM cii. 1. Hear my prayer, O LORD : let my cry come unto thee.
2. O hide not thy face from me : incline thine ear unto me in the day when I call, and answer me speedily.
lxxiv. 2. Remember, O LORD God, thy_congregation which thou hast purchased of old. (PERGOLESI.
PSALM lv. 1. Hear my prayer, O God : and hide not thyself from my petition.
2. Take heed unto me, and hear me : how I mourn in my prayer, and am vexed.
3. The enemy crieth so, and the ungodly cometh on so fast : for they are minded to do me some mischief; so maliciously are they set against me.
4. My heart is disquieted within me : and the fear of death is fallen upon me.