« PreviousContinue »
Ps. clxv. 1, 2. Every day will I give thanks to thee, my God and King.
lxvi. 8. All the world shall worship thee, sing of thee, and praise thy glorious Name.
lxvii. 4. Sing unto God, and sing praises to his Name; O praise him, and rejoice before him.
Luke ii. 14. GLORY to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good-will towards men.
Rev. Let us be glad, and rejoice, and give thanks, for the LORD God Omnipotent reigneth. Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, be unto him that sitteth on the throne, and to the Lamb who liveth for ever and ever. Hallelujah.
[PERGOLESI, COOPER, STEVENSON.
Gloria in excelsis Deo, et in terra pax, hominibus bonæ voluntatis.
Psalm xlvii. 5. God is gone up with a merry noise : and the LORD with the sound of the trumpet.
6. O sing praises, sing praises unto our God : 0 sing praises, sing praises unto our King.
7. For God is the King of all the earth : sing ye praises with understanding.
8. God reigneth over the heathen : God sitteth upon his holy seat.
9. God, which is highly exalted, doth defend the earth, as it were with a shield.
Glory be to the Father, &c.
GIBBONS, TUCKER, CROFT.
PSALM xlvi. 1. God is our hope and strength : a very present help in trouble.
2. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth tremble,
3. Though the mountains shake, and the waters rage and swell.
5,7. For God is in the midst of us, therefore shall we not be moved : God is our hope and refuge.
8. O behold the works of the LORD.
10. He is exalted among the heathen, he is exalted in the earth.
[Blow, ALDRICH, GREENE.
Psalm xlvi. 1. God is our hope and strength : a very present help in trouble.
2. Therefore will we not fear, though the earth be moved : and though the hills be carried into the midst of the sea.
3. Though the waters thereof rage and swell : and though the mountains shake at the tempest of the same.
4. The rivers of the flood thereof shall make glad the city of GOD : the holy place of the tabernacle of the Most Highest.
5. God is in the midst of her, therefore shall she not be removed : God shall help her, and that right early.
6. The heathen make much ado, and the kingdoms are moved : but God hath shewed his voice, and the earth shall melt away.
10. Be still, then, and know that the LORD is God : he is exalted among the heathen, and he is exalted in the earth.
11. The Lord of Hosts is with us : the God of Jacob is our refuge.
xxii. 4. Our fathers hoped in thee : they trusted in thee, and thou didst deliver them.
lx. 11. O be thou our help in trouble : for vain is the help of man.
xxix. 10. The LORD shall give strength unto his people : the LORD shall give his people the blessing of peace.
ALDRICH, NARES, ARNOLD, BECKWITH sen.,
John iii. 16. God so loved the world, that he gave his onlybegotten Son.
Rom. iv. 25. Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.
John iii. 17. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world ; but that the world through him might be saved.
1 Cor. xv. 58. Therefore be ye steadfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the LORD; forasmuch as ye
labour is not in vain in the LORD.
HABAKKUK iii. 3. God came from Teman, and the Holy One from Mount Paran. Selah. His glory covered the heavens, and the earth is full of his praise. Selah.
5. Before him went the pestilence, and burning coals went forth at his feet.
6. He stood and measured the earth: he beheld, and drove asunder the nations; the everlasting mountains were scattered, and the perpetual hills did bow. Selah. The everlasting hills were scattered, and the perpetual hills did bow. He stood, &c.
17. Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the
flocks shall be cut off from the field, and there shall be no herd in the stalls:
18. Yet will I rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.
PSALM lxvii. 1. God be merciful unto us, and bless us : and shew us the light of his countenance, and be merciful unto us. Hallelujah. Amen. [Perez and Novelio.
Psalm cxlv. 3. GREAT is the LORD, and marvellous, worthy to be praised : there is no end of his greatness.
4. One generation shall praise thy works unto another : and declare thy power. Amen.
REVELATION XV. 3. Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.
4. Who shall not fear thee, O LORD, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.
xiv. 7. Fear God, and give glory to his Name: worship him who made heaven and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters. Fear God, worship him.
v. 13. Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, be unto him that sitteth on the throne, and to the Lamb, who liveth for ever and ever. Amen. Hallelujah.
[Boyce, BECKWITH sen.
PSALM cxlvii. 5. Great is the LORD, and great is his power : yea, and his wisdom is infinite.
Psalm lxx. 1. HASTE thee, O God, to deliver me : make haste to help me, O LORD.
2. Let them be ashamed and confounded that seek after my soul : let them be turned backward, and put to confusion, that wish me evil.
3. Let them for their reward be soon brought to shame, that cry over me, There, there.
4. But let all those that seek thee be joyful and glad in thee : and let all such as delight in thy salvation say alway, The LORD be praised.
5. As for me, I am poor and in misery : haste thee unto me, O God.
6. Thou art my helper and my redeemer :0 LORD, make no long tarrying.
(BATTEN, HUMPHRIES, ROSINGRAVE, NARES,
PSALM li. 1. Have mercy upon me, O God, after thy great goodness : according to the multitude of thy mercies do away mine offences.
2. Wash me throughly from my wickedness : and cleanse me from my sin.
3. For I acknowledge my faults : and my sin is ever before me.
4. Against thee only have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight : that thou mightest be justified in thy saying, and clear when thou art judged.
5. Behold, I was shapen in wickedness : and in sin hath my mother conceived me.
6. But lo, thou requirest truth in the inward parts : and shalt make me to understand wisdom secretly.
7. Thou shalt purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean : thou shalt wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.