« PreviousContinue »
2. For all they that hope in thee shall not be ashamed : but such as transgress without a cause shall be put to confusion.
3. Shew me thy ways, O LORD : and teach me thy paths.
4. Lead me forth in thy truth, and learn me : for thou art the God of my salvation; in thee hath been my hope all the day long.
5. Call to remembrance, O LORD, thy tender mercies : and thy loving-kindnesses, which have been ever of old.
6. O remember not the sins and offences of my youth : but according to thy mercy think thou upon me, O LORD, for thy goodness.
7. Gracious and righteous is the LORD : therefore will he teach sinners in the way.
[KING, KELWAY, STEPHENS, AYRTON, MUTLOW.
PSALM cxxi. 1. Unto thee, O LORD, do I lift up my eyes :
from whence cometh my help.
2. Our help is in the Name of the LORD : who made heaven and earth.
xliii. 3. O send out thy light and thy truth : that they may lead me, and bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy dwelling.
There, to the pleasant harp, my voice I'll raise
Psalm lxxv. 1. Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks : yea, unto thee do we give thanks.
2. Thy Name also is so nigh : and that do thy wondrous works declare.
11. I will talk of the God of Jacob : and praise him for ever.
12. All the horns of the ungodly will I break : and the horns of the righteous shall be exalted.
Ixxvi. 7. Thou, even thou, art to be feared : and who may stand in thy sight when thou art angry?
exxvi. 4. The LORD hath done great things for us : whereof we rejoice.
xlvi. 9. He maketh wars to cease in all the world : he breaketh the bow, and knappeth the spear in sunder, and burneth the chariots in the fire. Blessed be GOD.
xxix. 10. For he hath given strength to his people : the Lord hath given his people the blessing of peace.
lxxi. 12. As for me : I will patiently abide alway : and will praise thee more and more.
13. My mouth shall daily speak of thy righteousness and salvation : for I know no end thereof.
18. 0) what great troubles and adversities hast thou shewn me! and yet didst thou turn and refresh me : yea, and broughtest me from the deep of the earth again.
20. Therefore will I praise thee and thy faithfulness, O GOD, playing upon an instrument of music : unto thee will I sing upon the harp, 0 thou Holy One of Israel.
21. My lips shall greatly rejoice when I sing unto thee : and my soul, which thou hast redeemed. Hallelujah.
(GRAUN, W. HAYES, NARES, BECKWITH sen.
PSALM cxxiii. 1. Unto thee lift I up mine eyes : 0 thou that dwellest in the heavens.
cxix. 117. Hold thou me up, and I shall be safe : yea, my delight shall even be in thy statutes.
lv. 5. Hear my prayer, O God : and hide not thyself from my petition.
lxix. 16.' for thou hast been my defence and refuge : in the day of my trouble.
cxxxviii. 3. When my spirit was in heaviness : I called upon thee, and thou heardest me.
xcii. Î. Therefore will I give thanks unto thee, O LORD : and sing praises unto thy Name.
HEBREWS i. 5. UNTo which of the angels said God at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee?
6. Let all the angels of God worship him.
Is. liii. 8. He was cut off out of the land of the living : for the transgression of thy people was he stricken.
Ps. xvi. 11. But thou didst not leave his soul in hell : nor didst thou suffer thy Holy One to see corruption.
xxiv. 7. Lift up your heads, 0 ye gates : and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors : and the King of glory shall come in.
8. Who is the King of Glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle. 10. The Lord of hosts, he is the King of glory.
[Pirt from HANDEL.
PSALM lxxxvii. 13. Unto thee have I cried, O LORD : and early shall
my prayer come before thee. 14. LORD, why abhorrest thou my soul : and hidest thou thy face from me?
xiii. 3. Consider, and hear me, O LORD : lighten mine eyes, that I sleep not in death.
vi. 4. Turn thee, O LORD, and deliver my soul : 0 save me for thy mercy's sake.
xxii. 22. I will declare thy Name unto my brethren : in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee, saying, Hallelujah. Amen.
[ALCOOK, G. J. ELVEY.
PSALM iii. 7. UP, LORD, and help me, O my God : for thou smitest all mine enemies upon the cheek-bone; thou hast broken the teeth of the ungodly.
8. Salvation belongeth unto the LORD : and thy blessing is upon thy people.
Psalm li. 2. Wash me throughly from my wickedness : and cleanse me from
PSALM xliv. 1. We have heard with our ears, O God, and our fathers have told us : of the mighty works that thou hast done in their time of old.
2. How thou didst drive out the heathen with thy hand : and plant them in.
3. For they gat not the land by their own sword : it was not their own arm that helped them,
4. But it was thy right hand, thine arm : and the light of thy countenance.
5. Thou art my King, O GOD : send help unto Jacob.
6. Through thee will we overthrow our enemies : and in thy Name will we tread them down that rise up against us.
[ALDRICH from PALESTRINA.
PSALM xlviii. 8. We wait for thy loving-kindness, O God, in the midst of thy temple.
9. O God, according to thy Name, so is thy praise unto the world's end : thy right hand is full of right
10. Let the mount Sion rejoice, and let the daughters of Judah be glad : because of thy judgments, O LORD.
11. Walk about Sion, and go round about her : and tell the towers thereof.
12. Mark well her bulwarks, set up her houses : that ye may tell them that come after.
13. For this is our God for ever and ever : he will be our guide unto death. [CROPT, RADCLIFFE.
We therefore pray thee, help thy servants, whom thou hast redeemed with thy precious blood.
PSALM XX. 5. We will rejoice in thy salvation : and triumph in the Name of the LORD our God : the LORD perform all thy petitions.
6. Now know I, that the LORD helpeth his Anointed, and will hear him from his holy heaven : even with the saving strength of his right hand.
7. Some put their trust in chariots, and some in horses : but we will remember the Name of the LORD our God.
8. They are brought down, and fallen : but we are risen, and stand upright.
9. Save, LORD, and hear us, O King of heaven : when we
(HALL, Blow, CROFT, PRING.
MATTHEW XXV. 31. When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32. Before him shall be gathered all nations : and he shall separate them one from another.
34. He shall say to them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom pre pared for you from the foundation of the world :
35. For I was hungry, and ye gave me meat : I