« PreviousContinue »
72. The law of thy mouth is dearer unto me than thousands of gold and silver. . 103. O how sweet are thy words unto my
throat ! yea sweeter than honey unto my mouth.
104. Through thy commandments I get understanding : therefore I hate all evil ways.
12. Blessed art thou, O LORD : 0 teach me thy statutes.
HAGGAI ii. 6. Thus saith the LORD of hosts : yet once, a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land ;
7. And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come.
Mal, iii. 1. The LORD, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.
2. But who may abide the day of his coming and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire.
3. And he shall purify the sons of Levi, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.
Is. vii. 14. Behold a virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Emmanuel, God with
xl. 9. O thou that tellest good tidings to Zion, get thee up into the high mountain : 0 thou that tellest good tidings to Jerusalem, lift up thy voice with strength; lift it up, be not afraid ; say unto the cities of Judah, Behold your God!
lx. 1. Arise, shine ; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.
xxxv. 5. Then shall the eyes of the blind be opened, and the ears of the deaf unstopped.
6. Then shall the lame man leap as an hart, and the tongue of the dumb shall sing.
xl. 11. He shall feed his flock like a shepherd : and he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and gently lead those that are with young.
Matt. xi. 28. Come unto him, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and he will give you rest.
29. Take his yoke upon you, and learn of him ; for he is meek and lowly of heart, and ye shall find rest unto your
souls. [Pitt and others from HANDEL.
1 CORINTHIANS Xv. 52, 53. The trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible; and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
Rev. xix. 6. Hallelujah; for the LORD God omnipotent reigneth.
xi. 15. The kingdom of this world is become the kingdom of our LORD, and of his CHRIST; and he shall reign for ever and ever, xix. 16. King of kings, and Lord of lords.
Exodus i. 8. THERE arose a new king over Israel, which knew not Joseph;
11. And he set over Israel taskmasters, to afflict them with burdens; and they made them serve with rigour.
ii. 23. And the children of Israel sighed by reason of their bondage. They oppressed them with burdens, and made them serve with rigour. And their cry came up unto God.
Ps. cv, 26. Then sent he Moses his servant : and Aaron whom he had chosen.
27. These shewed his signs among them, and wonders in the land of Ham.
30. Their land brought forth frogs : yea, even in their king's chambers.
lxxviii. 48. He gave their cattle over to the pestilence.
Ex. ix. 10. Blotches and blains broke forth on man and beast.
Ps. cv. 31. He spake the word, and there came all manner of Aies.
34. He spake, and the locusts came without number, and devoured the fruits of the ground.
[Pirt from HANDEL.
EXODUS XV. 14. The people shall hear, and be afraid : sorrow shall take hold of them.
15, 16. All the inhabitants of Canaan shall melt away : by the greatness of thy arm they shall be as still as å stone, till thy people pass over, O Lord, which thou hast purchased.
17. Thou shalt bring them in, and plant them in the mountain of thine inheritance, in the place, O LORD, which thou hast made for thee to dwell in : the sanctuary, O LORD, which thou hast established.
Exodus xv. 19. The horse of Pharaoh went in with his chariots, and with his horsemen, into the sea : and the LORD brought again the waters of the sea upon them: but the children of Israel went on dry land, in the midst of the sea.
Ps. cvi. 9. He rebuked the Red sea, and it was
Ex. xv. 10. Thou didst blow with the wind, the sea covered them, they sunk as lead in the mighty waters.
11. Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods! who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders ? Thou stretchest out thy right hand.
ix. 23. He gave them hailstones for rain, fire mingled with the hail ran along upon the ground.
xiv. 31. And Israel saw that great work which the Lord did upon the Egyptians, and the people feared the LORD, and believed the LORD, and his servant Moses.
[Pirt and others from HANDEL.
LUKE Ü. 8. THERE were shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
9. And lo, the angel of the LORD came upon them, and the glory of the LORD shone round about them, and they were sore afraid.
10. And the angel said unto them, Fear not, for behold I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people :
11. For unto you is born this day, in the city of David, a SAVIOUR, which is CHRIST the LORD.
13. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God and saying :
14. Glory to God in the highest, and peace on earth, good will towards men !
Is. xl. 4. Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: the crooked straight, and the rough places plain.
ix. 6. For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given, and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace.
[Pirt from HANDEL.
PSALM cxix. 85. The proud have digged pits for me : which are not after thy law.
86. They persecute me falsely : 0 be thou my help.
79. Let such as fear thee, and have known thy testimonies, be turned unto me.
LUKE xxi. 25. THERE shall be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth the distress of nations: the sea and the waves roaring.
26. Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things that are coming on the earth;
for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. 27. Then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud, with power and great glory. 28. When these things are come to pass, lift
up your heads, for your redemption draweth nigh.
33. Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
PSALM xix. The heavens declare the glory of GoD : and the firmament sheweth his handy work.
2. One day telleth another : and one night certifieth another.
3. There is neither speech nor language : but their voices are heard among them.
4. Their sound is gone out into all lands : and their words into the ends of the world.
5. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun : which cometh forth as a bridegroom out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a giant to run his course.
9. The fear of the LORD is clean, and endureth for ever : the judgments of the LORD are true, and righteous altogether.
10. More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold : sweeter also than honey, and the honey-comb.
11. Moreover, by them is thy servant taught : and in keeping of them there is great reward.
Rev. xv, 3, Great and marvellous are thy works, LORD God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints !
iv. 11. Thou art worthy, O LORD, to receive glory,