« PreviousContinue »
Wisd, v. 15. They shall live for ever ; their reward is with the LORD, and the care of them is with the most High.
16. They shall receive a kingdom of glory : and a crown of beauty at the hand of the LORD.
Blessed for ever be the eternal King :
Ecclus. xliii. 29. The Lord is very great and terrible, marvellous in his works; he is great, above all his works.
11, 12. Look upon the rainbow, and praise him that made it; beautiful it is in the brightness thereof; it compasseth the heaven with a glorious circle, and the hands of the most High hath bended it.
13. 19. He maketh the snow to fall apace, and sendeth swiftly the lightnings of his judgments; the hoar frost also he poureth on the ground, and the eye marvelleth at the beauty of the whiteness thereof.
20. When the cold north wind bloweth, and the water is congealed into ice, it is clothed as with a breastplate.
Rom. ii. 33. O how unsearchable are all his ways, and his works are past finding out !
Ecclus. xlüï.16, 17. At his sight the mountains are shaken, and at his will the south wind bloweth; the noise of the thunder, the northern storm, and the whirlwind make the earth tremble.
Ps. Ixviii. 4. Sing unto God, and sing praises unto his Name, and magnify him that rideth upon the heavens : praise him in his Name JEHOVAH, yea, and rejoice before him. Amen.
Psalm lxviii. 11. The Lord gave the word : great was the company of the preachers.
Rom. x. 15. How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
Ps. xix. 4. Their sound is gone out into all lands, and their words unto the ends of the world.
[Pirt from HANDEL,
His pity still supplies ;
His willing mercy flies.
By angels in heav'n of ev'ry degree,
His goodness will supply:
Who on his strength rely.
With open hand he gives ;
Of ev'ry thing that lives.
Of Providence proclaim ;
And celebrate his Name.
Exodus xv. 18. THE LORD shall reign for ever and ever.
Ps. xli. 13. For ever blessed be thy holy Name, LORD God of Israel.
Rev. xix. 6. Hallelujah : for the LORD God Omnipotent reigneth.
xi. 15. The kingdom of this world is become the kingdom of our Lord and of his CHRIST ; and he shall reign for ever and ever, xix. 16. King of kings, and LORD of lords.
[Pirt from HANDEL.
PSALM cxlv. 20. THE LORD preserveth all them that love him : but scattereth abroad all the ungodly.
21. My mouth shall speak the praise of the LORD : and let all flesh give thanks unto his holy Name for ever and ever. Amen.
PSALM cxxxviii. 8. THE LORD shall make good his loving-kindness toward me : thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever.
PSALM ix. 7. THE LORD shall endure for ever : he hath also prepared his seat for judgment.
8. He shall judge the world in righteousness : and minister true judgment unto his people.
9. The LORD will be a defence for the oppressed : even a refuge in the time of trouble.
1. I will give thanks unto thee, O LORD : and I will sing of all thy marvellous works. [WALMISLEY,
PSALM xcix. 2. The Lord is great in Sion : and high above all people.
9. O magnify the LORD our God, and worship him upon his holy hill : for the LORD our God is holy. Amen.
[NOVELLO and Cooke.
1. The souls of the righteous are in the hand of God, and there shall no torment touch them.
2. In the sight of the unwise they seemed to die : and their departure is taken for misery,
3. And their going from us to be their destruction: but they are
peace. 4. For though they be punished in the sight of men : yet is their hope full of immortality.
5. And having been a little chastised, they shall be greatly rewarded : for God proved them, and found them worthy for himself.
6. As gold in the furnace hath he tried them, and received them as a burnt-offering.
7. And in the time of their visitation they shall shine, and run to and fro like sparks among the stubble.
8. They shall judge the nations, and have dominion over the people, and their LORD shall reign for
15. For glorious is the fruit of good labours: and the root of wisdom shall never fall
away. v. 5. How are they numbered among the children of God, and their lot is among the saints !
15. Their reward also is with the LORD, and the care of them is with the most High.
Ecclus. xliv. 14. Their bodies are buried in peace, but their name liveth evermore.
Job v. 17. Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth; for he maketh sore and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole.
i. 21. The LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away, blessed be the Name of the LORD.
Ps. cvi. 46. Blessed be the LORD God of Israel from everlasting, and world without end : and let all the people say, Amen.
(HALL, CROFT, NARES, DUPUIS, ALCOCK,
Psalm xxiv. 1. The earth is the LORD's, and all that therein is : the compass of the world, and they that dwell therein.
2. For he hath founded it upon the seas : and prepared it upon the floods.
3. Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD : or who shall rise up in his holy place!
4. Even he that hath clean hands, and a pure heart : and that hath not lift up his mind unto vanity, nor sworn to deceive his neighbour.
5. He shall receive the blessing from the LORD : and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
6. This is the generation of them that seek him : even of them that seek thy face, O Jacob.
7. Lift up your heads, O ye gates, and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors : and the King of glory shall come in.
8. Who is the King of glory : it is the Lord strong and mighty, even the LORD mighty in battle.
cv. 4. Seek ye the LORD and his strength : seek his face evermore.
(CROFT, NORRIS, STEVENSON.
LAMENTATIONS i. 4. THE
ways of Zion do mourn, because none come to her solemn feasts; all her gates are desolate; her priests sigh, her virgins are afflicted, and she is in bitterness.
16. For these things I weep : mine eye runneth down with water.
5. Her adversaries are the chief, her enemies prosper : for the Lord hath afflicted her.
16. For these things I weep; mine eye runneth down with water.
5. For the multitude of her transgressions the LORD hath afflicted her.
11. See, O LORD, and consider: for I am become vile.