« PreviousContinue »
xxviii. 10. O save thy people, and give thy blessing unto thine inheritance : feed them, and set them up
xxix. 10. The LORD shall give strength unto his people : the LORD shall give his people the blessing
Ixxii, 18, 19. Blessed be the LORD God, even the God of Israel, which only doth wonders : and blessed be the Name of his Majesty for ever and ever. Amen.
PSALM cxviii. 14. The Lord is my strength and my song : and is become my salvation.
15. The voice of joy and health is in the dwellings of the righteous: the right hand of the LORD bringeth mighty things to pass.
16. The right hand of the LORD hath the preeminence : and bringeth mighty things to pass.
23. This is the Lord's doing : and it is marvellous
in our eyes.
24. This is the day which the LORD hath made : we will rejoice and be glad in it.
25. Help me now, O LORD : 0 LORD, send us now prosperity.
26. Blessed be he that cometh in the Name of the LORD: we have wished you good luck, ye that are of the house of the LORD.
29. O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is gracious : and his mercy endureth for ever. Hallelujah.
[JER. CLARKE, CROFT.
PSALM cxviii. 14. The Lord is my strength : and my song, and my salvation.
lxii. 6, 7. He is my defence, my health, and my glory: the rock of my might, and in God is my trust.
2. He is my strength and my salvation, so that I shall not fall : the LORD is my salvation.
xxxiv. 1, 2. I will give thanks unto the LORD : his praise shall ever be in my mouth. My soul, be joyful in the LORD; it shall rejoice in his salvation.
3. O praise the LORD with me, and let us magnify his Name.
xxxiii. 19, 20. For he is our help and our shield, Our heart shall rejoice in him, because our hope is in his holy Name.
[Bond from HANDEL,
EXODUS XV. 2. THE LORD is my strength and my song, and he is become my salvation : he is my God, I will exalt him.
11. Who is like unto thee, O Lord, among the gods : glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders.
13. Thou in thy mercy hast led forth thy people which thou hast redeemed; thou hast guided them in thy strength unto thy holy habitation,
18. The LORD shall reign for ever and ever. Hallelujah. Amen,
PSALM Xxviii. 8. THE LORD is my strength and my shield; and he is the defence of his Anointed ; therefore my heart danceth for joy, and in my song will I praise him.
xxvii. 6. And now shall he lift up my head : above mine enemies round about me.
7. Therefore will I sing and speak praises unto the LORD.
xxviii. 10. O save thy people, and give thy blessing unto their inheritance : feed them and set them up for ever.
lxxix. 14. So we that are thy people and sheep of thy pasture : shall give thee thanks for ever.
And bow'd the heavens most high,
The darkness of the sky:
Full royally he rode,
PSALM ciii. 19. The Lord hath prepared his seat in heaven : and his kingdom ruleth over all the earth.
20. O praise the LORD, ye angels of his, ye that excel in strength : ye that fulfil his commandment, and hearken unto the voice of his words.
21. O praise the LORD, all ye his hosts : ye servants of his that do his pleasure.
22. O speak good of the LORD, all ye works of his, in all places of his dominion : praise thou the LORD, O my soul.
PSALM 1. 1. The Lord, even the most mighty God, hath spoken : and called the world from the rising up of the sun, unto the going down thereof.
2. Out of Sion hath God appeared : in perfect beauty.
3. Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence : there shall go before him a consuming fire, and a mighty tempest shall be stirred up round about him.
4. He shall call the heaven from above : and the earth, that he may judge his people. 5. Gather my saints
together unto me : those that have made a covenant with me with sacrifice.
6. And the heaven shall declare his righteousness : for God is judge himself.
7. Hear, O my people, and I will speak : I myself will testify against thee, O Israel ; for I am God, even thy God.
14. Offer unto God thanksgiving : and pay thy vows unto the most Highest.
15. And call upon me in the time of trouble : will I hear thee, and thou shalt praise me.
xcviii. 10. With righteousness shall he judge the world : and the people with equity.
Glory be to God on high, and in earth peace, good will towards men. We praise thee, we bless thee, we worship thee, we glorify thee, we give thanks to thee for thy great glory, O LORD God, heavenly King, God the Father Almighty. Hallelujah.
[Blow, GREENE, W. HAYES, STEPHENS,
PSALM XX. 1. The LORD hear thee in the day of trouble : the Name of the God of Jacob defend thee;
2. Send thee help from the sanctuary : and strengthen thee out of Sion ;
3. Remember all thy offerings : and accept thy burnt-sacrifice;
4. Grant thee thy heart's desire : and fulfill all thy mind.
9. Save, Lord, and hear us, o King of heaven : when we call upon thee. Amen.
(Blow, NARES, P. HAYES, J. CAMIDGE.
PSALM ciii. 8. THE LORD is full of compassion and mercy : long-suffering, and of great goodness.
9. He will not alway be chiding : neither keepeth he his
10. He hath not dealt with us after our sins : nor rewarded us according to our wickednesses.
11. For look how high the heaven is in comparison of the earth : so great is his mercy also toward them that fear him.
12. Look how wide also the east is from the west : so far hath he set our sins from us.
13. Yea, like as a father pitieth his own children : even so is the LORD merciful unto them that fear him.
14. For he knoweth whereof we are made : he remembereth that we are but dust.
15. The days of man are but as grass : for he flourisheth as a flower of the field.
16. For as soon as the wind goeth over it, it is gone : and the place thereof shall know it no more.
17. But the merciful goodness of the LORD endureth for ever and ever upon them that fear him : and his righteousness upon children's children;
18. Even upon such as keep his covenant : and think upon his commandments to do them.
[JER. CLARKE, KING, BOYCE.
PSALM xciii. 1. The Lord is King, and hath put on glorious apparel : the LORD hath put on his apparel, and girded himself with strength.
2. He hath made the round world so sure, that it cannot be moved.
3. Ever since the world began, hath thy seat been prepared : thou art from everlasting.
4. The floods are risen, O LORD, the floods have lift up their voice : the floods lift
their waves. 5. The waves of the sea are mighty, and rage horribly : but yet the LORD, who dwelleth on high, is mightier.
6. Thy testimonies, O LORD, are very sure : holiness becometh thine house for ever.
[Blow, ALDRICH, BOYCE.