« PreviousContinue »
PSALM Xxx. 4. Sing unto the LORD, ye that are his saints : and give thanks for a remembrance of his holiness.
11. The LORD hath heard me, and hath taken mercy upon me : the LORD is made
my helper. 12. Thou hast turned my sorrow into joy; thou hast put off my sackcloth, and hast compassed me with gladness: that my glory may sing to thee without grief.
13. O LORD my God, I shall evermore give thanks to thee.
Psalm lxxxi, 1. Sing joyfully unto God our strength; sing loud unto the God of Jacob.
2. Take the song, and bring forth the timbrel : the pleasant harp, and the viol.
3. Blow the trumpet in the new moon, even in the time appointed, and at our feast day.
4. For this is a statute for Israel : and a law of the God of Jacob.
EXODUS XV. 21. SING ye to the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously; the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea.
18. The LORD shall reign for ever and ever.
3. The LORD is a man of war, the LORD is his name.
4. Pharaoh's chariot and his host hath he cast into
10. Thou didst blow with thy wind, the sea covered them, they sank as lead in the mighty waters.
ix. 23. He gave them hailstones for rain : fire mingled with the hail ran along upon the ground.
Ps. lxxviii. 53. But as for his people, he led them forth like sheep : and carried them in the wilderness like a flock.
cv. 36. He brought them forth with silver and gold : there was not one feeble person among their tribes.
Exodus xv. 18. The LORD shall reign for ever and ever. Hallelujah. Amen.
[HANDEL and BECKWITH sen.
ZEPHANIAH iii. 14. SING, O daughter of Zion; shout, Israel ; and be glad and rejoice with all thy heart, O daughter of Jerusalem.
15. The Lord hath taken away thy judgments, he hath cast out thine enemy. The LORD of hosts is in the midst of thee, therefore thou shalt not fear evil any more.
16. In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem, Fear thou not; and unto Zion, Let not thy hand be slack.
17. The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy, he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing. Hallelujah.
Psalm lxxxi. 1. Sing we merrily unto God our strength : make a cheerful noise unto the God of Jacob.
2. Take the psalm, bring hither the tabret : the merry harp with the lute.
3. Blow up the trumpet in the new moon : even in the time appointed, and upon our solemn feastday.
4. For this was made a statute for Israel : and a law of the God of Jacob.
9. Hear, O my people, and I will assure thee, O Israel : if thou wilt hearken unto me.
10. There shall no strange god be in thee : neither shalt thou worship any other god.
11. I am the LORD thy God, who brought thee out of the land of Egypt.
14. O that my people would have hearkened unto me !
15. I should soon have put down their enemies : and turned my hand against their adversaries.
16. The haters of the LORD should have been found liars : but their time should have endured for ever.
17. He should have fed them also with the finest wheat-flour : and with honey out of the stony rock should I have satisfied thee. Hallelujah. Amen.
[BIRD, PURCELL, CHILD, Blow, TUDWAY, Haw
KINS, GARLAND, KELWAY, BELLAMY, CROTCH.
Psalm cxix. 33. Teach me, O Lord, the way of thy statutes : and I shall keep it unto the end.
34. Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law : yea, I shall keep it with my whole heart.
35. Make me to go in the path of thy commandments : for therein is
desire. 36. Incline my heart unto thy testimonies : and not to covetousness.
37. O turn away mine eyes, lest they behold vanity: and quicken thou me in thy way.
38. O stablish thy word in thy servant : that I may fear thee.
39. Take away the rebuke that I am afraid of : for thy judgments are good.
40. Behold, my delight is in thy commandments : O quicken me in thy righteousness.
44. So shall I alway keep thy law : yea, for ever and ever.
cxlvii. 12. Praise the LORD, O Jerusalem : praise thy God, o Zion. Amen.
[BIRD, GIBBONS, ROGERS, BOYCE, STEPHENS,
Dupuis, EBDON, MATTHEWS, ATTWOOD,
Psalm lxxxvi. 11. Teach me thy way, 0 LORD, and I will walk in thy truth : 0 knit my heart unto thee, that I may fear thy Name.
12. I will thank thee, O LORD my God, with all my heart : and will praise thy Name for evermore.
13. For great is thy mercy toward me : and thou hast delivered my soul from the nethermost hell.
14. O God, the proud are risen against me : and the congregations of naughty men have sought after my soul, and have not set thee before their eyes.
15. But thou, O LORD God, art full of compassion and mercy : long-suffering, plenteous in goodness and truth.
16. O turn thee then unto me, and have mercy upon me : give thy strength unto thy servant, and help the son of thine handmaid.
PSALM cxviii. 24. This is the day which the LORD hath made : we will rejoice and be glad in it.
25. Help me now, O LORD : 0 LORD, send us now prosperity.
lxvi. 4. O come hither, and behold the works of the LORD : how wonderful he is in his doings toward the children of men.
xlvi. 8. He maketh wars to cease in all the world.
11. The LORD of hosts is with us : the God of Jacob is our refuge.
cxlvii. 13. For he hath made fast the bars of thy gates : and hath blessed thy children within thee.
14. He maketh peace in thy borders.
xlvi. 10. Be still then, and know that I am GOD : I will be exalted in the earth.
cxviii. 29. O give thanks unto the LORD : for he is gracious : and his mercy endureth for ever. Amen.
Psalm cxviii. 24. This is the day which the Lord hath made : we will rejoice and be glad in it.
cxlv. 3. The LORD is great : and worthy to be praised.
xciii. 1. The Lord hath put on his glorious apparel : and he hath girded himself with strength. There is no end of his
greatness. vii. 18. I will give thanks unto the LORD according to his righteousness : and I will praise the Name of the Lord most High. [Bond from HANDEL.
PSALM cxviii. 24. This is the day which the LORD hath made : let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Is. ix. 6. For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given : and the government shall be upon his shoulders, and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace.
LUKE i. 33. And he shall reign for ever and ever, and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
ü. 14. Glory to God on high, and on earth peace, good-will towards men. Hallelujah. Amen.
PSALM cxviii. 24. This is the day which the Lord hath made : we will rejoice and be glad in it.
Ixviii. 26. Give thanks, O Israel, unto God the LORD in the congregation : give thanks unto God from the ground of the heart.
xxvii. 1. The LORD is my light, and my salvation ; whom then shall I fear : the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom then shall I be afraid?