« PreviousContinue »
I have sinned against him, until he plead my cause and execute judgment for me : he will bring me forth to the light, and I shall behold his righteousness. Hallelujah
[J. S. Smith.
REJOICE, O Judah ; and in songs divine, with cherubim and seraphim, harmonious join. Hallelujah. Amen.
ZECHARIAH ix. 9. REJOICE greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem : behold thy King cometh unto thee.
10. He is the righteous Saviour, and he shall speak peace unto the heathen.
Is. xxxv. 5. Then shall the eyes of the blind be opened, and the ears of the deaf unstopped.
6. Then shall the lame man leap as an hart, and the tongue of the dumb shall sing.
xl. 1ỉ. He shall feed his flock like a shepherd : and he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and gently lead those that are with young
Matt. xi. 28. Come unto him, all ye that labour, and are heavy laden, and he will give you rest.
29. Take his yoke upon you, and learn of him, for he is meek and lowly of heart, and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30. His yoke is easy, and his burden is light.
[Pirt from HANDEL.
PSALM cxix. 137. Righteous art thou, O LORD, and true is thy judgment.
138. The testimonies that thou hast commanded : are exceeding righteous and true.
139. My zeal hath even consumed me : because mine enemies have forgotten thy words.
140. Thy word is tried to the uttermost: and thy servant loveth it.
142. Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness : and thy law is the truth.
143. Trouble and heaviness have taken hold upon me : yet is my delight in thy commandments.
144. The righteousness of thy testimonies is everlasting : 0 grant me understanding, and I shall live. Amen.
[P. Hayes, ALCOCK,
PROVERBS XXX. 8. REMOVE far from me vanity, all vanity and lies. Give me neither poverty nor riches : feed me with food convenient for me:
9. Lest I be full, and deny thee: and say, Who is the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the Name of my God in vain.
Psalm liv. 1. Save me, O God, for thy Name's sake : and avenge me in thy strength.
2. Hear my prayer, O God : and hearken unto the words of my mouth.
3. For strangers are risen up against me : and tyrants, which have not God before their eyes, seek after my soul .
4. Behold, God is my helper ; the LORD is with them that uphold my soul.
5. He shall reward evil unto mine enemies : destroy thou them in thy truth.
Glory be to the Father, &c.
[Blow, NARES, BATTISHILL, PORTER.
Psalm lxix. 1. Save me, O God: for the waters are come in, even unto my soul.
3. I am weary of crying; my throat is dry : my sight faileth me for waiting so long upon my God.
7. And why? for thy sake have I suffered reproof: shame hath covered
face. 10. I wept, and chastened myself with fasting : and that was turned to my reproof.
13. But, LORD, I make my prayer unto thee : in an acceptable time.
14. Hear me, O God, in the multitude of thy mercy : even in the truth of thy salvation.
[ROGERS, BOYCE, GARLAND, A. T. CORFE from
SACCHINI and CARISSIMI.
Save us, O God, we fix our hope in thee,
And to thy shadowing wings for refuge flee. Ps. xxiii. 4. Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death : yet will I fear no ill, for thou art with me.
cxxi. 3. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved : he that keepeth thee shall not sleep.
4. Behold, he that keepeth Israel : shall neither slumber nor sleep.
5. The Lord himself is thy keeper : the Lord himself is thy defence upon thy right hand.
6. So that the sun shall not burn thee by day : neither the moon by night.
7. The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil : yea, it is even he that shall keep thy soul. [WEBBE.
PSALM XX. 9. Save, LORD, hear us, when we call : 0 forsake us not for ever; revive us for thy mercy's sake. We pray thee return : O LORD, forsake us not.
PSALM XX. 9. SAVE, LORD, and hear us, 0 King of heaven : when we call
thee. iii. 8. Salvation belongeth unto the LORD : and thy blessing is upon thy people.
xxviii. 10. O save thy people, and give thy blessing unto thine inheritance : feed them, and set them up
xxi. 13. So will we sing : and praise thy power.
[Tallis, W. HAYES.
Saints and angels, join'd in concert,
Sing the praises of the Lamb,
ISAIAH xlix. 13. Sing, O heavens, and be joyful, O earth, break forth into singing, O mountains : for the LORD hath comforted his people, and will have mercy on his afflicted.
14. Let not Zion say, The Lord hath forsaken me, and the LORD hath forgotten me.
lv. 7. Return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon you ; and to your God, for he will abundantly pardon.
xxx. 18. Therefore will the LORD wait that he may be gracious unto you, and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you: for the LORD is a God of judgment: blessed are they that wait for his salvation.
xlix. 13. Break forth into singing, O mountains : for the LORD hath comforted his people, and will have mercy on his afflicted.
ISAIAH xlix. 13. Sing, O heavens, and be joyful, O earth, break forth into singing, O mountains : for the Lord hath comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted.
14. But Zion said, The LORD hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me.
15. Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.
li. 1. Hearken to me, ye that follow after righteousness, ye that seek the LORD: look unto the rock whence ye are hewn.
2. Look unto Abraham your father, and unto Sarah that bare you: for I called him alone, and blessed him, and increased him.
3. For the LORD shall comfort Zion, he will comfort all her waste places, and he will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the LORD : joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody. Amen.
Isaiah xliv. 23. SING, O ye heavens, for the LORD hath done it: earth from thy centre shout: break forth, ye mountains, into songs of joy, O forest, and each tree therein, for the LORD hath done it. Jehovah hath redeemed Jacob, and glorified himself in Israel. Hallelujah. Amen.
PSALM XXX. 4. Sing praises to the LORD, O ye saints of his : give thanks unto him for a remembrance of his holiness.