« PreviousContinue »
22. O speak good of the LORD, all ye works of his, in all places of his dominion : praise thou the LORD, O my soul. Hallelujah.
[ROGERS, CHILD, CROFT, GREENE, W. HAYES,
BECKWITH sen., BANKS.
Psalm ciii. 2. Praise the LORD, O my soul : and forget not all his benefits.
3. Who forgiveth all thy sin : and healeth all thine infirmities.
4. Who saveth thy life from destruction : and crowneth thee with mercy and loving-kindness.
8. The LORD is full of compassion and mercy : longsuffering, and of great goodness.
15. The days of man are but as grass : for he flourisheth as a flower of the field.
xxxv. 24. Judge me, O Lord my God, according to thy righteousness : and let them not triumph over
ciï. 17. But the goodness of the LORD endureth for ever : upon them that fear him.
22. O speak good of the LORD, all ye works of his : praise the LORD, O my soul.
cxiii. 2. Blessed be the Name of the LORD : from this time forth for evermore. Hallelujah. Amen.
[MATTHEWS from MOZART, PRATT from MOZART.
PSALM civ. 1. Praise the LORD, O my soul : 0 Lord my God, thou art become exceeding glorious; thou art clothed with majesty and honour.
2. Thou deckest thyself with light as it were with
garment : and spreadest out the heavens like a curtain.
3. Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters : and maketh the clouds his chariot, and walketh upon the wings of the wind.
4. He maketh his angels spirits : and his ministers a flaming fire.
5. He laid the foundations of the earth : that it never should move at any time.
6. Thou coveredst it with the deep like as with a garment : the waters stand in the hills.
7. At thy rebuke they flee : at the voice of thy thunder they are afraid.
8. They go up as high as the hills, and down to the valleys beneath : even unto the place which thou hast appointed for them.
24. O LORD, how manifold are thy works : in wisdom hast thou made them all; the earth is full of thy riches.
31. The glorious Majesty of the Lord shall endure for ever : the LORD shall rejoice in his works.
33. I will sing unto the Lord as long as I live : I will praise my God while I have my being. Hallelujah.
[CLARKE, CROFT, CREYGHTON.
Psalm cxlvi. 1. Praise the LORD, O my soul; while I live will I praise the LORD : yea, as long as I have any being, I will sing praises unto my God.
2. O put not your trust in princes, nor in any child of man : for there is no help in them.
3. For when the breath of man goeth forth he shall turn again to his earth : and then all his thoughts perish.
4. Blessed is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help : and whose hope is in the Lord his God;
5. Who keepeth his promise for ever.
6. The LORD helpeth them to right that suffer wrong
8. The LORD helpeth them that are fallen : the LORD careth for the righteous.
10. The LORD thy God, O Sion, shall be King for evermore : and throughout all generations. Hallelujah.
[GREENE, JACKSON, ALCOCK.
PSALM cxiii. 1. PRAISE the LORD, ye servants : 0 praise the Name of the LORD,
2. Blessed be the Name of the LORD : from this time forth for evermore.
3. The Lord's Name is praised : from the rising up of the sun unto the going down of the same.
4. The Lord is high above all heathen : and his glory above the heavens.
5. Who is like unto the LORD our God, who hath his dwelling so high : and yet humbleth himself to behold the things that are in heaven and earth?
6. He taketh up the simple out of the dust : and lifteth the poor out of the mire;
7. That he may set him with the princes : even with the princes of his people.
cxlvii. 5. Great is our LORD, and great is his power : yea, and his wisdom is infinite.
xlvii. 6. O sing praises unto our God : 0 sing praises unto our King.
7. For God is the King of all the earth ; sing ye praises with understanding. Hallelujah. Amen.
[PURCELL, HALL, HAWKINS, WELDON, GREENE,
BOND, BOYCE, EBDON, CLARKE WHITFIELD,
PSALM cxlvii. 12. PRAISE the LORD, O Jerusalem : praise thy GOD, O Sion.
Is. xlix. 23. For kings shall be thy nursing fathers : and queens thy nursing mothers.
Ps. xlviii. 7. As we have heard, so have we seen in the city of our God: God upholdeth the same for
xxi. 13. Be thou exalted, LORD, in thine own strength : so will we sing and praise thy power. Hallelujah.
PSALM cxlvii. 12. Praise the LORD, O Jerusalem : praise thy God, O Sion.
13. For he hath made fast the bars of thy gates : and hath blessed thy children within thee.
14. He maketh peace in thy borders : and filleth thee with the flour of wheat. 20. He hath not dealt so with
nation : neither have the heathen knowledge of his laws. Praise ye the LORD.
cxlviii. 1. O praise the Lord of heaven : praise him in the height.
2. Praise him, all ye angels of his : praise him, all his host.
cvii. 15. O that men would therefore praise the Lord for his goodness : and declare the wonders he doeth for the children of men. Hallelujah. Amen.
[W. Hayes, Scott.
ISAIAH xl. 3. PREPARE ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
4. Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places shall be made plain.
5. And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed : and all flesh shall see it together.
6. And the voice said, Cry. What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field.
8. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth : but the word of the LORD shall stand fast for ever.
9. O Zion, that bringest glad tidings, get thee up into the mountains : 0 Jerusalem, that bringest glad tidings, lift up thy voice with strength; and say unto Judah, Behold thy God!
PSALM lxviii. 19. PRAISED be the Lord daily : even the God who helpeth us, and poureth his benefits upon us.
20. He is our God, of whom cometh salvation : God is the LORD, by whom we escape death. [EBDON.
Psalm cxlviii. 2. PRAISE the LORD, all ye angels : praise him, all his host.
3. Praise him, sun and moon : praise him, stars and light.
His glory with perpetual hymns proclaim;
PSALM CXxxv. 1. PRAISE ye the LORD, praise ye the Name of the LORD : 0 ye servants of the LORD ;
2. Ye that stand in the house of the LORD : ye that stand in the courts of the house of our God;
3. For the Lord is good : sing praises unto his Name.
PSALM CXXXV. 19. PRAISE the LORD, ye house of Israel : praise the LORD, ye house of Aaron.
20. Praise the LORD, ye house of Levi : ye that fear the LORD praise the LORD.
21. Praised be the LORD out of Sion : who dwelleth at Jerusalem.
PSALM cxvii. 2. Praise ye the Lord for ever and ever. Amen.