« PreviousContinue »
19. Praised be the LORD daily : even the God who helpeth us, and poureth his benefits upon us.
20. He is our God, even the God of whom cometh salvation : God is the LORD, by whom we escape death.
32. Sing unto God, 0 ye kingdoms of the earth : O sing praises unto the LORD.
34, 35. Ascribe ye the glory to God, even the GOD of Israel : for he hath given strength and power unto his people ; blessed be God. Amen.
[Blow, GREENE, BECKWITH sen.
PSALM xcvi. 1. O sing unto the LORD a new song : sing unto the LORD, all the whole earth.
2. Sing unto the LORD, and praise his Name : be telling of his salvation from day to day.
3. Declare his honour unto the heathen : and his wonders unto all people.
4. For the Lord is great, and cannot worthily be praised : he is more to be feared than all gods.
5. As for all the gods of the heathen, they are but idols : but it is the LORD that made the heavens.
6. Glory and worship are before him : power and honour are in his sanctuary.
9. O worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness : let the whole earth stand in awe of him.
10. Tell it out among the heathen that the LORD is King : and that it is he who hath made the round world so fast that it cannot be moved; and how that he shall judge the people righteously.
11. Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad : let the sea make a noise, and all that therein is.
xcviï. 6. Praise the LORD upon the lute : praise the Lord upon the harp : sing to the harp with a psalm of thanksgiving.
cl. 2. Praise him in his noble acts : according to his excellent greatness.
3. Praise him in the sound of the trumpet.
6. Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD : for his Name only is excellent, and his praise above heaven and earth. Hallelujah.
[PURCELL, CROFT, WELDON, GREENE, TRAVERS,
HANDEL, BECKWITH, EBDON, BANKS.
Psalm cxlix. 1. O sing unto the Lord a new song : let the congregation of saints praise him.
2. Let Israel rejoice in him that made him : and let the children of Zion be joyful in their King.
3. Let them praise his Name in the dance : let them sing praises with tabret and harp.
4. For the LORD hath pleasure in his people : and helpeth the meek-hearted.
5. Let the saints be joyful with glory.
cl. 6. Let every thing that hath breath : praise the Lord. Hallelujah. Amen.
[GREENE, TRAVERS, BOYCE, ARNOLD, CLARKE
PSALM cxlvii. 7. O sing unto the LORD with thanksgiving : sing praises upon the harp unto our God.
5. Great is our LORD, and great is his power : yea, and his wisdom is infinite.
6. The LORD setteth up the meek : and bringeth the ungodly down to the ground.
11. The LORD delighteth in them that fear him : and put their trust in his mercy.
12. Praise the LORD, O Jerusalem : praise thy GOD, O Zion.
PSALM xcix. 9. O SING unto the LORD : and worship him upon his holy hill.
xxix. 2. Give the LORD the honour due unto his Name : ascribe unto the LORD worship and strength.
cv. 2. O let your songs be of him, and praise him : and let your talking be of all his wondrous works.
Psalm xcviii. 1. O sing unto the LORD a new song : for he hath done marvellous things.
2. With his own right hand, and with his holy arm : hath he gotten himself the victory.
3. The Lord declared his salvation : his righteousness hath he openly shewed in the sight of the heathen.
6. Praise the Lord upon the harp : sing to the harp with a psalm of thanksgiving.
7. With trumpets also and shawms : 0 shew yourselves joyful before the LORD the King.
10. With righteousness shall he judge the world : and the people with equity.
PSALM xcvi. 1. O SING unto the LORD, all the whole earth. 9. O worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness.
Job xxix. 15. He was eyes unto the blind; he was feet unto the lame : he healed their sickness, and eased all their sorrow.
Ps. li. 2. Wash me thoroughly from my wickedness : and cleanse me from my sin.
3. I acknowledge my faults : and my sin is ever before me.
Psalm xlvii. 6. O) sing praises, sing praises unto our God : 0 sing praises, sing praises unto our King.
7. For God is the King of all the earth : sing ye praises with understanding. Amen.
PSALM xxviii. 10. O SAVE thy people, and give thy blessing unto thine inheritance : feed them, and set them up for
Psalm lxv. 2. O THOU that hearest the prayer : unto thee shall all flesh come.
Our Father, which art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive them that trespass against us. “And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil : for thine is the kingdom, the power, and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen.
Psalm XC. 12. O TEACH us to number our days : that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.
16. Shew thy servants thy work : and their children thy glory
And the glorious Majesty of the LORD our God be upon us : 0 prosper thou our handy-work.
PSALM CXxx. 1. Out of the deep have I called unto thee : 0 LORD : LORD, hear my voice.
2. O let thine ears consider well : the voice of my complaint.
8. If thou, LORD, wilt be extreme to mark what is done amiss : 0 LORD, who may abide it?
4. For there is mercy with thee : therefore shalt thou be feared.
5. I look for the LORD; my soul doth wait for him : in his word is
my trust. 6. My soul fleeth unto the LORD : before the morning watch, I say, before the morning watch.
7. O Israel, trust in the LORD, for with the LORD there is mercy : and with him is plenteous redemption.
8. And he shall redeem Israel : from all his sins.
cxix. 65. O Lord, thou hast dealt graciously with thy servant : according to thy word.
68. Thou art good and gracious : 0 teach me thy statutes. Amen.
[PURCELL, ALDRICH, CROFT, MOZART, ALCOCK,
GARTH, CLARKE WHITFIELD, J. C. PRING,
PSALM xxxiii. 19. Our soul hath patiently tarried for the LORD : for he is our help and our shield.
20. Our heart shall rejoice in him : because we have hoped in his holy Name.
21. Let thy merciful kindness, O LORD, be upon us : like as we do put our trust in thee.
xxxiv. 15. The eyes of the LORD are over the righteous : and his ears are open unto their prayers.
19. Great are the troubles of the righteous : but the Lord delivereth them out of all.
22. The Lord delivereth the souls of his servants : and all they that put their trust in him shall not be destitute.
PSALM cxxiv. 7. Our help standeth in the Name of the LORD : who hath made heaven and earth.
cxiii. 2. Blessed be the Name of the LORD : from this time forth for evermore. cvi. 46. And let all the people say, Amen.