« PreviousContinue »
14. O come hither, and hearken, all ye that fear GOD : and I will tell you what he hath done for my soul. 15. I called unto him with
mouth : and gave him praises with my tongue.
16. If I incline unto wickedness with mine heart : the LORD will not hear me.
17. But God hath heard me : and considered the voice of my prayer.
18. Praised be God who hath not cast out my prayer : nor turned his
from [BIRD, WISE, CLARKE, Blow, CROFT, BISHOP, KING,
TRAVERS, W.HAYES, BOYCE, J.CAMIDGE, PORTER.
PSALM C. 1. O BE joyful in the LORD, all ye lands : serve the LORD with gladness, and come before his presence
with a song
2. Be ye sure that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
3. O go your way into his gates with thanksgiving, and into
his courts with praise : be thankful unto him, and speak good of his Name.
4. For the LORD is gracious, his mercy is everlasting : and his truth endureth from generation to generation. Glory to God on high. Hallelujah.
PSALM xcv. 1. O COME, let us sing unto the LORD : let us heartily rejoice in the strength of our salvation.
2. Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving : and shew ourselves glad in him with psalms.
3. For the LORD is a great God: and a great King above all gods.
4. In his hand are all the corners of the earth : and the strength of the hills is his also.
6. O come, let us worship and fall down : and kneel before the LORD our Maker.
7. For he is the LORD our God : and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand.
The LORD is great, and great his might, and his mercy endures for evermore.
xcvi. 9. O worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness : let the earth stand in awe of him.
11. Let the heavens rejoice and the earth be glad:
13. For he cometh to judge the world with righteousness.
xcix. 9. O magnify the LORD, and worship him upon his holy hill : for the Lord our God is holy.
xcvi. 10. Tell it out among the heathen, that the Lord is King
lxxvii. 13. Who is so great a God as our God?
xcvi. 6. Glory and worship are before him : power and honour are in his sanctuary. Hallelujah. Amen.
(HANDEL, NARES, Pitt, AYRTON, HAYDN.
PSALM xlvii. 1. O CLAP your hands together, all ye people : 0 sing unto God with the voice of melody.
2. For the Lord is high, and to be feared : he is the great King upon all the earth.
3. He shall subdue the people under us : and the nations under our feet.
4. He shall choose out an heritage for us : even the worship of Jacob, whom he loved.
5. God is gone up with a merry noise : and the LORD with the sound of the trump.
6. O sing praises, sing praises unto our God: 0 sing praises, sing praises unto our King.
7. For God is the King of all the earth : sing ye praises with understanding.
cxxvii. 4. Lo, children and the fruit of the womb : are an heritage and gift that cometh of the LORD.
5. Like as arrows in the hand of a giant : even so are young children.
6. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them : he shall not be ashamed to speak with his enemies in the gate.
cxxxvii. 5. Lo, thus shall the man be blessed: that feareth the LORD. Hallelujah.
[GIBBONS, LOCKE, ROGERS, TUCKER, Child,
CROFT, GREENE, BULLIS, MARTIAL.
Psalm lxvi. 4. O COME hither, and behold the works of God : how wonderful he is in his doings toward the children of men.
lxxviii. 13. Marvellous things did he in the sight of our forefathers, in the land of Egypt : even in the field of Zoan.
14. He divided the sea, and let them go through : he made the waters to stand on an heap.
16. He clave the hard rocks in the wilderness, and gave
them drink thereof : 25. He rained down manna for them to eat : and gave them food from heaven.
Psalm lxvi. 14. O COME hither and hearken, all ye that fear God : and I will tell you what he hath done for
cxviii. 18. The LORD hath chastened and corrected me; but he hath not given me over unto death.
lxxi. 21. Therefore will I praise thee, O GOD : unto thee will I sing, O thou Holy One of Israel. Hallelujah. Amen.
PSALM Xcy. 6. O COME, let us worship and bow down, and kneel before the LORD.
PSALM cxix. 17. O do well unto thy servant : that I may live, and keep thy law.
18. Open thou mine eyes : that I may see the wondrous things of thy law.
19. I am a stranger upon earth : 0 hide not thy commandments from me.
20. My soul breaketh out for the very fervent desire : that it hath alway unto thy judgments.
24. For thy testimonies are my delight : and my counsellors. Amen."
PSALM CV. 1. O GIVE thanks unto the LORD.
cxxii. 6. O pray for the peace of Jerusalem : they shall prosper that love thee.
7. Peace be within thy walls : and plenteousness within thy palaces.
8. For my brethren and companions' sake : we will wish thee prosperity.
1. O give thanks unto the LORD.
cxii. 6. The righteous shall be had in everlasting remembrance : and the just as the brightness of the firmament.
Ecclus. xliv. 14. Their bodies are buried in peace : but their name liveth evermore.
cyi. 46. Blessed be the LORD God of Israel from everlasting. And let all the people say, Amen.
[PURCELL and HANDEL, WALMISLEY.
PSALM CV. 1. O give thanks unto the LORD, and call upon his Name : tell the people what things he hath done. 2. O let your songs be of him, and praise him : and let your talking be of all his wondrous works.
3. Rejoice in his holy Name : let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD.
5. Remember the marvellous works that he hath done : his wonders, and the judgments of his mouth.
6. O ye seed of Abraham his servant : ye children of Jacob his chosen.
[TUCKER, CROFT, RAYLTON, W. Hayes, Boyce,
COOPER, BECKWITH sen., WALMISLEY.
PBALM evi. 1. O give thanks unto the Lord, for he is gracious : and his mercy
endureth for ever. 2. Who can express the noble acts of the LORD : or shew forth all his praise?
4. Remember me, O LORD, according to the favour that thou bearest unto thy people : 0 visit me with thy salvation;
5. That I may see the felicity of thy chosen : and rejoice in the gladness of thy people, and give thanks with thine inheritance.
46. Blessed be the LORD God of Israel from everlasting, and world without end : and let all the people
. 3. The Lord forgiveth all thy sin : and healeth all thine infirmities.
9. He will not alway be chiding : neither keepeth he his
PSALM cxviii. 1. O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is gracious : because his mercy endureth for ever.
2. Let Israel now confess, that he is gracious : and that his mercy endureth for ever.
xxii. 28. For the kingdom is the LORD's : and he is the Governor among the people.