« PreviousContinue »
Reg. ii. 5. Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and REPENT, and do the firt Works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy Candlestick out of his Place, ex. cept thou REPENT.
Chap. iii. 19. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten : be zealous therefore, and REPENT.
IL OF FAITH, its Nature and Effets. Mark xi. 24. Therefore I say unto you, What Things soever ye defire, when ye pray, Believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
Chap. ix. 23. Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all Things are possible to him that believeth.
Chap. xvi. 16. He that believeth and is baptized, shall be faved: but he that believeth not, shall be damned.
Jobs i. 12. As many as received him, to them gave he Power to become the Sons of God, even to them that believe on his Name.
Chap. iii. 14. As Mofes lifted up the Serpent in the Wilderness, even so muft the Son of Man be lifted up:
15. That whosoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have eternal Life.
16. For God so loved the World, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever Believeth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting Life.
17. For God sent not his Son into the World to condemn the World; but that the World through him might be saved.
18. He that BELIEVETH on him, is not condemned: but he that believeth not, is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the Name of the only begotten Son of God.
Chap. vi. 29. Jejas said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
Chap. xi. 25. Jesus said unto her, I am the Resurrection, and the Life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live;
26. And whosoever liveth, and believeth in me, shall never die.
Chap. xx. 29. Jefus faith unto Thomas, Because thou hast seen me, thou haft BELIEVED: Blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
31. These Things are written, that ye might believe that Je. Jus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing ye might have Life through his Name.
Chap. xiv. 1. Let not your Heart be troubled : ye believe in GOD, believe also in me.
Chap. xii. 46. I am come a Light into the World, that whosoever BELIEVE TH on me, should not abide in Darkness.
Afs x. 43. To him give all the Prophets witness, that through his Name whosoever believeth in him, shall receive ReMission of Sins.
Chap. xx. 21. Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, Repentance towards God, and Faith towards our Lord Jesus Chrijl.
Rom. i. 16. For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Cbrift: for it is the Power of God unto SALVATION, to every one that BELIEVETH, to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Chap. iii. 21. But now the Righteousness of God without the Law is manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets ;
22. Even the Righteousness of God which is by Faith of Jesus Christ unto all, and upon all them that believe ; for there is no difference :
23. For all have SINNED, and come short of the Glory of God;
24. Being JUSTIFIED freely by his Grace, through the Redemption that is in ejus Chrift:
25. Whom God hath set forth to be a Propitiation, through Faith in his Blood, to declare his Righteousness for the Remisfion of Sins that are past, through the Forbearance of God;
26. To declare, I say, at this Time his Righteousness : that he might be just, and the Justifier of him which believeTH in Jejus.
Chap. v. 1. Therefore being justified by FAITH, we have Peace with God, through our Lord Jesus Chrijl.
2. By whom also we have access by Faith into this Grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in Hope of the Glory of God.
Chap. x. 4. For Christ is the End of the Law for Righteoulness to every one that believeTH.
5. For Mofes describeth the Righteousness which is of the Law, That the Man which doth these Things, shall live by them.
6. But the Righteousness which is of Faith, speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine Heart, Who shall ascend into Heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above)
7. Or who shall descend into the Deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the Dead)
8. But what saith it? The Word is nigh thee, even in thy Mouth, and in thy Heart : that is the Word of Faith which we preach,
9. That if thou shalt confess with thy Mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine Heart, that God hath raised him from the Dead, thou shalt be saved ; 10. For with the Heart Man Believeth unto Righteousness
, and with the Mouth CONFESSION is made unto Salvation.
11. For the Scripture faith, Whosoever BELIEVETH on hin, shall not be ashamed.
2 Cor. v.7. For we walk by FAITH, not by Sight.
Gal. ii. 16. Knowing that a Man is not justified by the Works of the Law, but by the Faith of Jesus Christ, even we have
BELIEVED in Jesus Chrift: that we might be justified by the Faith of Cbrift; and not by the Works of the Law : for by the Works of the Law shall no Flesh be justified.
20. I am crucified with Chrift: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Cbrift liveth in me: and the Life which I now live in the Flesh, I live by the Faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Epbel. ii. 8. For by Grace are ye saved, through Faith; and that not of your selves: it is the Gift of God.
Chap. iii. 17. That Christ may dwell in your Hearts by Faith; that ye may be rooted and grounded in Love.
Heb. iv. i. Let us therefore fear, left a Promise being left us of entring into his Rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2. For unto us was the Gospel preached as well as unto them: but the Word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with Faith in them that heard it.
9: There remaineth therefore a Rest to the People of God.
Man fall under the saine Example of Unbelief.
Chap. vi. 18. That by two immutable Things, in which it was impossible for God to lye, we inight have a strong Consolation, who have fled for Refuge to lay hold upon the Hope set before us :
19. Which Hope we have as an Anchor of the Soul, both sure and ftedfast, and which entreth into that within the Vail.
Chap. X. 38. Now the Just shall live by Faith: but if any Man draw back, my Soul shall have no Pleasure in him.
39. But we are not of them who draw back unto Perdition ; bat of them that believe, to the Saving of the Soul.
Chap. xi. 1. Now Faith is the Substance of Things hoped for, the Evidence of Things not seen.
2. For by it the Elders obtained a good Report.
6. But without Faith it is impossible to please him : for he that cometh to God, must believe that he is; and that he is a Rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
James ii. 14. What doth it profit, my Brethren, though a Man say he have Faith, and have not Works ? Can Faith lave him?
17. Even so FAITH, if it hath not Works, is dead being alone.
18. Yea, a Man may say, Thou haft Faith, and I have Works : few me thy Faith without thy Works, and I will Mew thee my Faith by my Works.
19. Thou BELIEVEST that there is one God, thou dost well : the Devils also believe, and tremble.
20. But wilt thou know, O vain Man, that Faith without Works is dead?
21. Was not Abraham our Father justified by Works, when he had offered Isaac his Son upon the Altar ?
22. Seest thou how Faith wrought with his Works, and by Works was Faith made perfect ?
26. For as the Body without the Spirit is dead, fo Faith without Works is dead also.
1 Pet. i. 5. Who are kept by the Power of God through Faith unto SALVATION, ready to be revealed in the laft Time.
6. Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a Season (if need be) ye are in heaviness, through manifold Temptations :
7. That the Trial of your Faith being much more precious than of Gold that perisheth, though it be tried with Fire, might be found unto PRAISE, and HONOUR, and Glory, at the Ăppearing of Jesus Chrift:
8. Whom having not seen, ye love ; in whom though now ye see him not, yet BELIEVING, ye rejoice with Joy unspeakable, and full of Glory:
9. Receiving the End of your Faith, even the Salvation of your Souls.
1 John ü. 21. Beloved, if our Heart condemn us not, then have we CONFIdence towards God.
22. And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his Commandments, and do those Things that are pleasing in his Sight.
23. And this is his Commandment, that we should believe on the Name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us Commandment.
1 John v. 1. Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Chris, is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat, loveth him also that is begotten of him.
4. For whatsoever is born of God, overcometh the World: and this is the Victory that overcometh the World, even our Faith.
5. Who is he that overcometh the World, but he that BELIEVETH that Jesus is the Son of God?
20. And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an Understanding, that we may know him that is true.
CHRIST'S SERMON on the Mount.
Wherein is expressed
The BLESSE DNESS of
1. The poor and bumble in Spirit. 2. Those that mourn for their Sins. 3. The Meek, 4. Those that bunger and thirst after Righteousness. 5. Tbose that are Merciful. 6. The Pure in Heart. 7. The Peace-makers. 8. Those that are perfecuted for Rigbteousness fake.
ND he came down with them, and stood in the Plain, and the Company of his Disciples, and a great
Multitude of People out of all pun dea, and Jerusalem, and from the Sea Coast of Tyre and Sidon, which came to hear him, and to be healed of their Diseases;
18. And they that were vexed with unclean Spirits : and they were healed.
19. And the whole Multitude sought to touch him: for there went Virtue out of him, and healed them all.
Matt. v. 1. And seeing the Multitudes, he went up into a Mountain : and when he was set, his Disciples came unto him.
2. And he opened his Mouth, and caught them, saying,