« PreviousContinue »
8. For if thefe Things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye fhall neither be barren, nor unfruit ful in the KNOWLEDGE of our Lord Jefus Chrift.
10. Wherefore the rather, Brethren, give Diligence to make your CALLING and ELECTION fure; for it ye du thele Things, ye shall ne
11. For fo an Entrance shall be
miniftred unto you abundantly, into the everlasting KINGDOM of our Lord and Saviour Jefus Chrift.
1 John ii. 25. And this is the Promife, that he hath promised us, even ETFRNAL LIFE.
Chap. iv. 9. In this was manifefted the Love of God towards us, because that God fent his only begotten Son into the World, that we might LIVE through him.
Chap. v. 11. And this is the Record, that God hath given to us ETERNAL LIFE, and this Life is
22. And in his Son.
20. And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an Understanding that we may KNOW him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jefus Chrift. This is the true God, and Eternal LIFE.
Jude 21. Keep your felves in the Love of God, looking for the Mercy of our Lord Jefu Chrift unto Eternal LIFE.
(5) Rom. viii. 34. Who is he that condemneth? It is Chrift that died, yea, rather that is RISEN again, who is even at the right Hand of God, who alfo maketh INTERCESSION for us.
1 Tim. ii. 5. For there is one God, and one MEDIATOR between God and Men, the Man Christ Jesus.
Heb. iv. 14. Seeing then that we have a great HIGH PRIEST, that is paffed into the Heavens, Jefus the Son of God, let us HOLD FAST Our Profeffion.
15. For we have not an High Prieft which cannot be touched with the Feeling of our Infirmities; but was in all Points tempted like as we are, yet without SIN.
16. Let us therefore come BOLDLY unto the Throne of Grace, that we may obtain Mercy, and find Grace to help in Time of need.
Chap. vii. 25. Wherefore he is able allo to SAVE them to the utter molt, that COME unto God by him, seeing he ever LIVETH to make Intercellion for them.
26. For fuch an HIGH PRIEST became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, feparate from Sinners, and made higher than the Heavens.
Chap. viii. 1. Now of the Things which we have fpoken, this is the Sum: We have fuch an HIGH PRIEST, who is fet on the right Hand of the Throne of the Majefty in the Heavens ;
2. A Min fter of the SANCTUARY, and of the true Tabernacle which the Loid pitched, and not Man.
Of CHRIST'S INTERCESSION for all them that believe, and bumbly implore his Grace and Mercy.
26. And I have declared unto them thy NAME, and will declare it: that the Love wherewith thou haft loved me, may be in them, and I in them.
Chap. ix. 11. But Chrif being come an HIGH PRIEST of good Things to come, by a greater and more perfect Tabernacie, not made with Hands, that is to fay, not of this Building;
12. Neither by the Blood of Goats and Calves, but by his own Blood he entred in once into the HOLY PLACE, having obtained eternal
REDEMPTION for us.
24 For Chrift is not entred into the HOLY Places made with Hands, which are the Figures of the true; but into HEAVEN itfelf, now to appear in the Prefence of God for us.
1 John ii. 1. If any Man fin, we have an ADVOCATE with the Father, Jefu Chrift the Righteous: for our Sins: and not for ours only, but alfo for the SINS of the whole World.
2. And he is the PROPITIATION
See the References against John
Righteous SHINE forth as the Sun (c) Matt. xiii. 43. Then fhall the in the Kingdom of their Father.
Luke xxii. 29. And I APPOINT ther hath appointed unto me. unto you a KINGDOM, as my Fa
30. That ye may eat and drink at my Table, in my Kingdom, and fit on THRONES, judging the twelve Tribes of Ifrael.
Rom. ii. 1o. But GLORY, Honour, and Peace, to every Man that worketh Good.
Chap. v. 1. Therefore being juftified by FAITH we have Peace with God, through our Lord Jefu Chrift.
2. By whom alfo we have Accefs by FAITH into this Grace wherein we ftand, and rejoice in Hope of the GLORY of God.
Chap. viii. 18. For I reckon that the Sufferings of this prefent Time, are not worthy to be compared with the Glory which shall be revealed
2 Thefii. 13. But we are bound to give Thanks alway to God for you, Brethren, beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the Beginning, chofen you to SALVATION, through Sanctification of the Spirit, and Belief of the Truth:
14 Whercunto he called you by our Gospel, to the obtaining of the GLORY of our Lord J. fus Chr
2 Tm ii. 10. Therefore I endure all Things for the Elects fake, that they alfo may obtain the SALVATION which is in Chrift Jefus, with Eternal GLORY.
1 Pet. v. 4. When the Chief Shepherd shall appear, ye fhall receive a CROWN OF GLORY that fadeth not away.
10. But the God of all Grace, who hath called us unto his Eternal Glory by Chrift Jefus, after that ye have fuffered a while, make you perfect, itablifh, ftrengthen, fettle you.
1 Theff. iv. 17. Then we which are alive, and remain, fhall be caught up together with them in the Clouds, to meet the Lord in the Air: and fo fhall we ever be with the Lord.
18. Wherefore, comfort one another with thefe Words.
2 Tim iv. 7. I have fought a good Fight, I have finished my Course, I have kept the FAITH.
8. Henceforth there is laid up for me a CROWN of RIGHTEOUSNESS, which the Lord the righteous Judge fhall give me at that Day: and not to me only, but unto all them alfo that LOVE his APPEARING.
Heb. iv. 9. There remaineth therefore a REST to the People of God. Chap. xii 22. But ye are come unto MOUNT SION, and unto the City of the LIVING GOD, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an INNUMERABLE COMPANY of Angels,
24. And to Jefus the MEDIATOR of the NEW COVENANT, and to the Blood of Sprinkling, that speaketh better Things than that of Abel. 1 John iii. 2. Beloved, now are we the Sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we fhall be: But we know that when he shall appear, we fhall be like him, for we fhall fee HIM as HE IS.
Rev. vii. 13. And one of the Elders anfwered, faying unto me, What are thefe which are arayed in white Robes? and whence came they?
14. And I faid unto him, Sir, thou knoweit. And he faid to me, Thefe are they which came out of great TRIBULATION, and have washed their Robes, and made them white in the BLOOD of the LAMB.
15. Therefore are they before the Throne of God, and serve him Day and Night in his Temple, and he that fitteth upon the Throne fhall
DWELL AMONG THEM.
16. They fhall hunger no more, neither thirst any more, neither fhill the Sun light on them, nor any Heat.
17. For the Lamb which is in the midst of the Throne shall feed them, and shall LEAD them unto LIVING Fountains of WATERS: and God fhall wipe away all Tears from their Eyes.
Chap xxii. 3. And there fhall be no more Curfe: but the Throne of God and of the Lamb fhall be in it, and his Servants fhall ferve him.
4. And they fhall SEE his FACE, and his Name fhall be in their Foreheads.
5. And there fhall be no Night there, and they nced no Candle, neither Light of the Sun; for the LORD Gon giveth them LIGHT, and they fhall REIGN for ever and ever.
CHRIST foretels his Paffion and Death, Refurrection and Afcenfion.
Matt. FROM that Time forth began Jefus to fhew xvi. 21. unto his Difciples, how that he must go unto Jerufalem, and SUFFER many Things of the Elders, and CHIEF PRIESTS, and Scribes, and be KILLED, and be RAISED again the THIRD Day.
22. Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, faying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this fhall not be unto thee.
23. But he turned and faid unto Peter, Get thee behind me, SATAN, thou art an Offence unto me; for thou favoureft not the Things that be of God, but those that be of Men.
24. Then faid Jefus unto his Difciples, If any Man will come after me, let him DENY himfelf, and take up his CROSS and FOLLOW me.
25. For whofoever will SAVE his LIFE, fhall LOSE it: and whofoever will LOSE his LIFE for my fake, fhall FIND it.
26. For what is a Man PROFITED, if he fhall GAIN the whole WORLD, and LOSE his own SouL? or what fhall a Man give in exchange for his SouL?
27. For the Son of MAN fhall COME in the GLORY of his FATHER, with his Angels; and then he fhall reward every Man according to his Works.
28. Verily I fay unto you, There be fome standing here, which fhall not taste of Death, till they fee the Son of MAN COMING in his KINGDOM.
Chap. xx. 17. And Jefus going up to Jerufalem, took the twelve Difciples apart in the Way, and faid unto them,
18. Behold, we go up to Jerufalem, and the Son of Man fhall be BETRAYED unto the Chief Priests, and unto the Scribes, and they fhall cONDEMN him to DEATH. 19. And fhall deliver him to the Gentiles, to мOCK, and to SCOURGE, and to CRUCIFY him: And the THIRD Day he shall rife again.
Mark x. 33. Fefus took again the Twelve, faying, Behold, we go up to Jerufalem, and the Son of Man fhall be delivered unto the Chief Priefts, and unto the Scribes : and they fhall CONDEMN him to DEATH, and fhall deliver him to the Gentiles;
34. And they fhall мOCK him, and SCOURGE him, and fhall SPIT upon him, and fhall KILL him: and the third Day he fhall RISE again.
Luke ix. 43. But while they wondred every one at all Things which Jefus did, he faid unto his Difciples,
44. Let thefe Sayings fink down into your Ears: for the Son of Man fhall be delivered into the Hands of Men.
Chap. xviii. 31. Then Jefus took unto him the Twelve, and faid unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerufalem,
and ALL Things that are WRITTEN by the Prophets concerning the Son of Man, fhall be ACCOMPLISHED.
32. For he fhall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and fhall be MOCKED, and fpitefully entreated, and SPIT
33. And they fhall SCOURGE him, and put him to DEATH and the THIRD Day he fhall rife again.
John iii. 14. And as Mofes LIFTED UP the Serpent in the Wildernefs, even fo muft the Son of Man be LIFTED
15. That whofcever believeth in him, fhould not PERISH, but have ETERNAL LIFE.
Chap. x. 15. As the Father knoweth me, even fo know I the Father and I LAY DOWN my LIFE for the Sheep. 17. Therefore doth my Father love me, becaufe I lay down my Life, that I might take it again.
18. No Man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of my felf I have Power to lay it down, and I have Power to take it again. This Commandment have I received of my Father.
Chap. xii. 23. And Jefus anfwered them, faying, The Hour is come, that the Son of Man fhould be GLORIFIED.
24. Verily, verily I fay unto you, Except a Corn of Wheat fall into the Ground, and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much Fruit.
25. He that loveth his LIFE, fhall LOSE it: and he that hateth his Life in this World, fhall keep it unto LIFE Eternal.
26. If any Man ferve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there fhall alfo my Servant be: if any Man ferve me, him will my Father honour.
27. Now is my Soul troubled; and what fhall I fay? Father, fave me from this Hour: But for this Caufe came I unto this Hour.
28. Father, GLORIFY thy Name. Then came there a Voice from Heaven, faying, I have both GLORIFIED it, and will GLORIFY it again.
29. The People that flood by, and heard it, faid that it thundred others faid, An Angel fpake to him.
30. Jefus anfwered and faid, This Voice came not be caufe of me, but for your fakes.
31. Now is the JUDGMENT of this World: now fhall the Prince of this World be caft out.