« PreviousContinue »
TRIBUTE OF PRAISE. 7s & 6s.
1. We bring no glittering trea-sures, No gems from earth's deep mine; We come, with simple
measures, To chant thy love di- vine. O Lord, thy fa-vors sharing, Our voice of thanks we
2. The dearest gift of heaven,
Love's written word of truth,
To guide our steps in youth.
raise; Father, accept our offering, Our song of grateful praise, Our song of grateful praise.
Tribute of Praise.
3. Saviour, bestow thy blessing;
HYMNS TO THE TUNE "WOODWORTH."
6. Just as I am, thy love, I own,
Has broken every barrier down;
Mourning with Submission. 1. THE God of love will sure indulge The flowing tear, the heaving sigh, When his own children fall around,When tender friends and kindred die. 2. Yet not one anxious, murmuring thought Should with our mourning passions blend; Nor would our bleeding hearts forget Th' almighty, ever-living Friend. & Beneath a numerous train of ills,
Our feeble flesh and heart may fail;
4. Our Father God! to thee we look,
Our Rock, our Portion and our Friend; And on thy covenant love and truth, Our sinking souls shall still depend.
Love of the Sabbath.
1. I LOVE to have the Sabbath come,
2. "T is there I'm always taught to pray That God would bless me day by day; And safely guard, and guide me still, And help me to obey his will.
3. "T is there I sing a Saviour's love,
4. From all the lessons I obtain,
The Cross of Christ.
1. WHEN I survey the wondrous cross On which the Prince of glory died, My richest gain I count but loss,
And pour contempt on all my pride. 2. See from his head, his hands, his feet,
Sorrow and love flow mingled down; Did e'er such love and sorrow meet,
Or thorns compose so rich a crown? 3. Were the whole realm of nature mine, That were a present far too small; Love so amazing, so divine,
Demands my soul, my life, my all