« PreviousContinue »
1 Whole Hatred is covered by Deceit, 'his Wickedness shall be thewed before the whole Congregation.
1 The Lip of Truth shall be established for ever ; but a lying Tongue is but for a Moment : For the Mouth of them that speak Lies shall be stopped.
* Lying Lips are an Abomination to the Lord; but they that deal truly are his Delight.
* The Lord shall destroy them which speak Peace to their Neighbours, but Mischief is in their Hearts.
All Liars shall have their Part in the Lake which burneth with Fire and Brimstone.
In generol. edify one another.
9 Let us follow after the Things wherewith one may edify another. Let all Things be done to edifying.
* Let us confider one another, to provoke unto Love and to good Works; and lo much the more, as we see the Day approaching.
. Let every one of us please his Neighbour, for his Good to Edification ; not seeking our own Profit, but the Profit of many, that they may be saved. For even Christ pleafed not himicif
.: All Things are lawful for me, but all Things edify not.
* Prov, 26. 26.
Pral. 63. 11. m Prov. n Pral. 21. 5, 3:
ó Rev. 21. 8. 12. 22.
'P Theli. 5. Il. 4 Rom. 14. 19. I Cor. 14. 26.
- Heb. 10. 24, 25. s Rom. 15. 2. 1 Cor. 10. 33. Rom. 15. 3.
(1 Cor. 10. 23.
u Strive not about Words to no Profit, but to the subverting of the Hearers.
ř Let no corrupt Communication proceed out of your Mouth, but that which is good, to the Use of edifying, that it may minister Grace to the Hearers.
Strengthen ye the weak Hands, and confirm the feeble Knees. Speak a Word in Season to him that is weary; and let thy Words uphold him that is falling.
y If a Man be overtaken in a Fault, ye which are spiritual restore such a one in the Spirit of Meekness, considering thyself, left thou also be tempted.
% Of fome, have Compallion, making a Difference; and others save with Fear, pulling them out of the Fire. a Confess
Faults one to another; and submit yourselves one to another, in the Fear of God.
B He that winneth Souls is wise. : Brethren, if any of you do err from the Faith, and one convert him, let him know, that he which converteth the Sinner from the Error of his Way, thall save a Soul from Death, and shall hide a Multitude of Sins.
Have Compassion on the Ignorant, By Inftru&tion.
and on them that are out of the Way; for that ye yourselves also are compassed with infirmity.
x Ifa. 35. 3
Ifa. u 2 Tim. 2. 14. w Eph. 4. 29. y Gal. 6. J. 2 Jude 22. 23;
a James 50. 4. Job 4. 4. Eph. 5. 21. b Prov. 11. 20
c James 5. 19. 20. & Heb. 5. 2.
• Instruct those that oppose themselves; cause them to understand wherein they have erred; and make them know the. Certainty of the Words of Truth: That they that err in Spirit inay come to Understanding; and they that murinur, may learn Doctrine. For how forcible are right Words!
Give not that which is holy unto the Dogs; neither cast ye your Pearls before Swiné : left they trample them under their Feet, and turn again and rent you. Behold the Word of the Lord is to them a Reproach, they have no Delight in it.
8 Am I therefore become your Enemy, because I tell you the Truth?
h Give Instruction to a wise Man, and he will be yet wiser; teach a juft Man, and he will increase in Learning.
Wo unto you that have taken away the Key of Knowledge. Ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered. * Exhort one another daily, while it
Admonition is called To-day; left any of you be hardened through the Deceitfulness of Şin.
? Be not negligent to put one another always in Remembrance of these Things which pertain unto Life and Godliness, though ye know them, and be established in the present Truth.
• 2 Tim. 2. 25.
Job 6. 24. Job 6. 25.
f Mat. 7.6. K Prov. g. 9.
i Luke II. 52
Prov. 22. 21. Isa. 29. 243 Jer. 6. 10. 8 Gal 4. 16. k Heb. 3. 13.
1. 12, 3, 12,
Ye * Ye also that are full of Goodness, and filled with all Knowledge, admonish one another.
* If any Man obey not the Word of God, note that Man, and have no Company with him, that he may be ashamed; yet count him not as an Enemy, but admonith him as a Brother.
• Warn them that are unruly.
P We must all appear before the Judgment-feat of Christ, that every one may receive according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. Knowing therefore the Terror of the Lord, we persuade Men. Reproof.
4 Thou shalt in any wife rebuke thy
Neighbour, and not fuffer Sin upon him. • Reprove not a Scorner, left he hate thee. Rebuke a wise Man, and he will love thee.
* Hé that refuseth Reproof erreth. He that hateth Reproof is brutish: But he that regardeth Reproof, shall be honoured.
• He that being often reproved, hardeneth his Neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy.
u He that rebuketh a Man, afterwards shall find more Favour than he that flattereth with his Tongue.
Open Rebuke is better than secret Love: For faithful are the Wounds of a Friend.
;* As an Ornament of fine Gold, fo is a wise Reprover upon an obedient Ear.
n Rom. 19. 14.
o i Theff. 5. 14.
I Prov. P 2 Cor. 5. 10, 11.
9 Lev. 19. 17. s Prov. 10. 17.
Prov. 12. 1.
Prop. 1.3. 18. i Prov. 29. I.
Prov. a8. 236 * Prov. 27:5, 6. * Prov. 25. 121
y Let the Righteous smite me, it shall be a Kindness; and let him reprove ine, it shall be an excellent Oil, which shall not break my Head. .
2 A Scorner loveth not one that reproveth hiin; neither will he go unto the Wise.
* He that reproveth a Scorner, getteth to himself Shame.
• A Reproof entereth more into a wise Man, than a hundred Stripes into a Fool.
6 Give none Offence, ncither to the Giving mo Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the Offence. Church of God.
d Let.no Man put a Stumbling-block, or aa Occasion to fall, in his Brother's Way.
• Take heed left by any means your Liberty become a Stumbling-block to them that are weak.
f Him that is weak in the Faith, receive ye; but not to doubtful Disputations.
6 It is good neither to eat Flesh, nor to drink Wine, nor any Thing whereby thy Brotheristumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak. For if
. any Man see thee which haft Knowledge do such Things, shall not the Conscience of him that is weak be emboldened to do the fame? And through thy Knowledge shall thy weak Brother perish, for whom Christ died?
* If therefore thy Brother be grieved with thy Meat ; now walkest thou not charitably: Destroy not him with thy Meat, for whom Chrift died.
a Prov. 9. 70
b Prov. y Pfal. 141. 5.
% Prov. 15. 12.
1 Cor. 8. io, JI h Rom. 14. 1j. L 2